EIGHT

"Alright that's it.... I'm tired of taking all the blame!.... I'm tired of you chasing and watching me around okay?!" Cuz guess what... I am not the only human living in this house! Mom's there, and Trip, and Abby....and most especially Harry! Go after then and show them you are real. C'mon!" I shouted one morning, the third morning of my grounded state. I sat on my bed with the belief that the ghost or whatever it was was listening to me.
     If they, all of them, would see or feel the ghost themselves, I would be free of all the charges. Once I overheard my mom on the phone, explaining my predicament to doctor Sam then I heard her say....." A therapy?". Great! Now they think I'm going crazy.

And Harry was not making it easy for me anymore. He now scolds me- I wonder where he got such nerves.... He scolds me because he still thinks everything I've seen and heard was a prank or a joke to stop his alliance with my mom. But soon he had a change of mind which made no difference anyway. He no longer says I'm playing the bad step-son but that I need a psychiatric attention! That made me feel like he was tryna get rid of me.

     I wanted to call my dad, but I've been restrained from lots of things. Not allowed to serve food myself, not allowed to walk the streets without Abby or Trip, not allowed to watch certain movies except kidshows like "spongebob SquarePants, pingu" and that too under adult supervision.... I could go on and on.... It's like I'm a total stranger in my family! Now what's worse.... I can't use the phone!

And this new improvement is now turning me into a sneaking kid. Like a thief on a mission. Today I am up in my room as usual while everyone including Harry watched TV in the sitting room. I think it's my best chance of getting a phone to talk to the one person that might or should understand me.

" Dad! Are you there? Hello!" I say into the mouth piece.

"Heyyyy boy! How are you?" He asks. There is too much static and I fear he would not hear me properly. Perhaps I have failed to understand that there might be no good connection under my bed where I was receiving the call.

"Dad they all think I'm crazy! It really..... Bad. Harry wants me to start a crazy people's therapy! Dad you have to help me... Dad? You there? Dad?." I had been rambling too fast I didn't realize the line was cut off.... There goes my hope for salvation.

I drew myself from under my bed so I could go return the phone back to my mom's room. As I did, I saw a neatly folded piece of paper.... It must have slid out from under the bed. I opened it and found the words: " you know I can see you... Cuz I'm watching!!! Every step and every movement. Beware....." At the right bottom of the sheet it was signed Eyes.

I placed my hand over my mouth, I did not want to scream. " It's name is Eyes the ghost is real!, I've gotta show this to mom " I said and ran towards my door but then I stopped, peered at the note and thought of the ghost's watchful eyes. What if it gets angry that I went to show mom the note! So all I did was return her phone and forgot about showing her the letter.

The next week, a car reved into our driveways and it was my dad! Harry wasn't home...perfect timing!

Later on, my dad came into my room after talking to my mom.... The talk that had transformed into an argument.

"Tommy" he calls.
"Come in Dad" he hugged me. " Dad I didnt mean to cause...."

"Ssssh...don't cry" he cuts me off. I guess he noticed the moisture forming in my eyes." Now you're gonna be my brave boy and explain everything to me."

Then I started from when Andre, Nick and Joe told me about the legend, then I told him about the basement, the someone or something that peered through our curtain when we were all going out, about the sudden blackout and the broken ware...." Trust me dad I didn't touch the plate. I was only holding my glass..  " I said, as I struggle not to cry.
Then I wanted to tell him about the note, I hesitated.

" Is that all?" He asks

" Yeah dad" I wondered if he knew that I lied.

" Son I don't think you're crazy"

" Really Dad!" My face brightens.

"Hmn, you're only visualizing what you believed to be real"

" Then I AM crazy"

" No don't say that...- he snapped gently "look at me.... Why doyya sleep on the bed instead of the floor?
"Cuz the bed is cozy and soft and it's high above the floor where it's hard and cold" I answer

"Now what makes you think the bed would not fall apart and throw you to the floor?

The answer to that quiz is obvious. "Well I know that the bed is strong and firm"....

"That's is son... You have some kind of faith in that bed that it would hold you to sleep till you wake up in the morning. When it comes to faith and reality, I say that if you believe and say something long enough you would see it. When it comes to these...uh, ghosts? You believe in ghosts...you see 'em"