Chapter 15

Damien

"Tell me what, Dame?" Rose asked, Hazel standing right beside her.

Shit.

What am I supposed to say to that? Should I just out Kieran to his sister and tell them the truth? No. Of course not. I couldn't do that, it wasn't right.

But then my boyfriend suddenly appeared behind our sisters. How ironic.

"Uhh well... nothing really.." I started.

She turned her head to the side and frowned sadly. "Are you really hiding something from me, but not from Elijah?"

And that's when Kieran realized and his eyes went wide. The only thing I would hide from Rose but not Elijah...

Kieran

Fuck.

The moment Rose finished her sentence, I knew this was about us. From what I knew so far about Damien and his relationship with his siblings, they never kept secrets from each other.

And also the face he was making at the moment, while looking at me, gave it away easily.

He was looking at me with fear and question. I knew what question exactly.

I trust Hazel. I trust her enough to know she wouldn't tell father.

I slightly nodded, only for him to see.

His face lightened up in surprise and excitement.

He slowly looked away from me and looked at his sister.

"Well, actually... It's- uh-" He was struggling with his words.

I stepped forward, walked past Rose and Hazel, and came to a halt right in front of him. In the corner of my eye, I could see Elijah smiling.

After a second of hesitation, I grabbed Damien's hand and intertwined our fingers while looking at him, smiling.

I carefully turned around to face Hazel and Rose. Both of the girl's jaws were on the floor.

I looked back at Damien, only to find him frightened by their reaction. No one was saying anything.

After what felt like an eternity, Hazel looked at Rose and exclaimed "Ha! You owe me $10!"

"No! That's not fair! I thought you were joking!"

"Seriously?" Said Elijah.

Now I was the one appalled. And so was Damien, apparently. His expression went from fear to pure confusion and shock.

"Did you... Did you guys bet on us?" He asked.

"No!" Rose yelled at the same time Hazel yelled "Yes!"

"I told you they would end up together, you just didn't want to believe it, because you were too in lo-" Hazel stopped herself in the middle of her sentence.

Before I could start questioning what she wanted to say, Damien spoke up.

"How did you know?"