Matt Murdock - Innocent

You sat across from the lawyer as his friend? Assistant? Colleague? Whatever he was paced behind him.

"So, quite a fun mix we had die over the weekend." Foggy muttered as you looked at him, he didn't seem very professional.

"Many politians, some actors, therapists, soccer mom's and even teachers. And I wonder why they all met at one place at the same time in a very abandoned building. And then they all died except... You and one other boy." Foggy continued as you kept your head down.

"And thanks to the police and other lawyers being too scared of you, we now have whatever this case is." He kept talking before Matt stopped him.

"Okay, that's enough, Foggy. But, he is right. It's a little suspicious for these kinds of people to be in one place and suddenly all die in a giant accident." He said as you looked up.

"I-I tried to..." You muttered, shaking your head and groaning.

Foggy was about to say something before Matt stopped him again.

"The police told us you wouldn't talk no matter what. Is that because you don't want to, or because you can't?" He asked softly as you looked at him.

It was the first time someone had tried to listen.

"It's...hard to talk." You muttered as he nodded.

"That's okay, do you want me to get you something to write on?" He asked, you shook your head and took a deep breath.

"No, it's okay. I can talk it's just when it comes to what happened, it's difficult." You explained as they both nodded.

"I suppose that's plausible it can happen as a trauma response." Froggy said, finally sitting down again.

"Let's just start with the easy stuff. What do you do for a job?" Matt asked making you sigh.

"I didn't have a job, I just...I lived with my parents. A-Adoptive parents." You muttered as they nodded.

"Of course... Mary and John, I'm sorry they passed away in this accident." Matt said with remorse in his voice.

"I'm glad..." You grumbled, your fists turning white as you gripped the sides of the tables.

"You're glad they're gone?" Foggy asked as you stared down at the table.

"Y/N, what was this event you were at with your parents?" Matt asked, listening to your heart rate speed up.

"They... They would it was meeting." You muttered closing your eyes and shaking your head.

"Y/N, we finally got the report back from the coroner. In many of the people who died they found they had ingested human skin. When they tested the skin...you were the match." He said as you stared down at the table, tapping a random pattern to try and calm down.

"This is a pretty weird case we're dealing with, Y/N. Everything you can tell us will help." Foggy muttered as you nodded a little.

"Was this a cult?" Matt asked softly as you looked at him.

"Yes... It was." You replied making him nod.

He had thought this was the case.

"Y/N, where did this skin come from." He continued as your shaking hands slowly rolled up your sleeves to show skin cut out of your arms.

"Basically everywhere but my face..." You whispered, Matt only had one more question.

"Did you let them do this? Or was this against your will?" Matt asked as you tried to take in a deep breath.

"I...um need." You muttered before covering your mouth and turning pale.

"Foggy, grab a bucket!" Matt shouted as he quickly ran and got a bucket.

You snatched it from him and threw up into it.

Once you were done you panted softly and Foggy slowly took the bucket away.

He almost threw up himself just from the sight and smell.

"I'm so sorry." You muttered as he rushed out to get rid of it.

"It's okay, Y/N. Take your time." He said as you nodded, Foggy came back with a glass of water for you.

"It was against my will." You whispered, feeling sick again before you quickly sipped some water.

"I can't...I can't talk anymore." You whispered, closing your eyes.

"It's okay, how about something else? I'll be back." He said before leaving.

After a few minutes he returned with a small dog in his arms.

"Minnie!" You shouted jumping up and grabbing the small sylkie terrier and hugging her.

"I thought the cops would never let me see her again." You muttered, letting the dog cry and lick your face as you chuckled softly.

"Well, we managed to get her released. Where are you staying at the moment?" Matt asked as yoh held your dog in your arms.

"I'm in witness protection... It's actually kind of nice." You muttered as he nodded.

"Alright, good. I'll arrange a ride home for you, I'm sure we'll be in contact for a long while." He said making you nod.

"Thank you... For being on my side, no one ever has." You whispered, petting your dog.

"You deserve someone on your side, Y/N."