Ch. 39: Lessons in Royal Etiquette

In Lucifer's castle, the king of hell was teaching Charlie all of the ins and outs of running such a large government/monarchy system....while also relearning a bit himself because he his 7 years "mental health break."

Charlie had already gotten a full notebook full of notes form just the first two hours.

"Wow, and I thought the overlord system in Pentagram City was complicated." Charlie comments, scratching her head.

"Oh believe me. I've been meaning to abolish that because of the Vees but since the majority of the overlords can keep order in the city, I'll leave it." Lucifer said, shrugging.

"I figured as much since Pentagram could use A LOT of things that other rings have. Sinners or not, they need some things like medical care as well." Charlie said.

"I swear I should've let you become queen long ago, you can see the best in the worst kinds of people." Lucifer said, smiling.

"Come on, dad. You know I wouldn't have been ready to be queen. At least not yet." Charlie said, summoning another notebook to take notes.

"Well, you sure look it now." Lucifer said.

'If only you were here to see how much she's grown, Lilith.' Lucifer thought.

He then shook that thought out of his head. If she wanted to be here, she would've been here, but she decided to leave him and Charlie.

Lucifer has to put Lilith behind him, no matter how much it hurts, and focus on guiding his daughters the best he can.

For Charlie, it will to be the queen.

For Emily, it will be the new princess.

And for him... it was him rising to his new position in Heaven.

"Dad, are you okay?" Charlie asked, making Lucifer jolt a bit.

"Sorry, sweetie, got lost in thought about your wedding and coronation." Lucifer said with a small chuckle, scratching his head. "Maybe having them separate would be easier than at the same time."

"Yeah maybe... but when have I ever done anything the easy way?" Charlie asked with a cheeky smile.

"Hehehe, no. You never were and that's what makes you incredible." Lucifer said with a bright smile before holding his hand out. "Now, give me your credit card."

"Uh, why?" Charlie asked.

"You'll see." He replied.

Still confused, Charlie did so and Lucifer put it in his pocket, before pulling out another one. While Charlie's old card was red, her favorite color, with a black pentagram in the center, this one was solid black. He handed it to her and she looked at it, seeing the words "Queen Charlotte Morningstar" on it.

Charlie gasped in shock, looking up to her father.

"Dad, is this...?" Charlie asked.

"Your very on Black Platinum Credit Card. Unlimited limit and unlimited funds." Lucifer said with a nod. "Figured if you're going to be the queen, then you might as well have the money to act like one."

"But-But what about the bill?" Charlie stuttered out.

"Charlie, do you honestly think our family would EVER go broke?" Lucifer asked with a raised brow. "Every time money is spent, it literally goes back into the economy and then to our family. As long as hell exists, we have money."

"But-"

"Charlie, it's fine. Don't worry about it." Lucifer said, holding Charlie's hands. "You deserve the world, every last bit of it. So just accept this gift and use it how you see fit."

Though hesitant due to her good nature, Charlie glanced at her new credit card before nodding swiftly and placing it in her pocket.

"Okay, dad." She said.

"Thank you. Now, back to the lesson." Lucifer said before motioning to his suit. "Being royal means you need to show it so people don't forget it."

"And crisp white suit show it?" Charlie asked.

"Or anything looking fancy and regal. You can choose the color and don't worry about stains, I'll teach you a spell to make your clothes stain-proof." Lucifer explained as his suit twinkled of a moment. "But anyway, stuff like this shows status."

"But I don't want to see too in your face about it." Charlie said, gesturing to her bland yet nice red suit.

'Not like the Goetia or the Heinous family.' Charlie thought.

"You're the queen, you have a right to be." Lucifer said.

"But that's not who I am." Charlie countered.

"I know but there's nothing wrong with dressing to match your status." Lucifer said before staring at her suit. "Speaking of...you may need a new suit, that one is looking a little torn from the... thing."

Lucifer had to work it carefully so he could not make Charlie go through a traumatic episode involving the spear that nearly killed her.

"I....I think I do. Maybe I need to lay off suits for a while actually since I'll be growing a baby bump soon." Charlie said, half thinking about what happened and half thinking about her child.

"Then a regal dress it is." Lucifer said, summoning a catalogue magazine of fancy clothes. "Now, what would suit you best?"

Opening the magazine, Lucifer and Charlie looked through the various dress options for a woman of Charlie's body type.

"Oo, I like that one." Charlie said, quickly finding a dress.

A black and red dress, giving off the air of a classic royal appeal while giving a small breast window. Not too much but not too little. It even had detachable cape held by a gold chain.

( Twitter com/carolzitaass/status/1792250701004906537?s=46)

"That's an easy one to get." Lucifer said, "Why don't we go get it now?"

"Sure. Let's see if they have it in my size first." Charlie said, looking at the sizes.

'Plus, I might need to buy several since Vaggie might rip it off me when she sees me in it.' Charlie thought.

"Come along, let's go." Lucifer said, smiling as he grabbed cane.

The two of them took their leave as Charlie kept looking through the magazine for other dresses she might like.

Lucifer had an idea for another surprise gift, but he'd wait until the coronation to give it to Charlie.

'She'll love it.' He thought.