Chapter 1: Introducing the Heroine in the Story

- Amai's POV -

*Ring! Ring!*

I woke up at the startling sound of my alarm clock. I groaned and grabbed it, looking to where its two fingers point to.

"6:00 a.m. Geez, another great day at school!" I said sarcastically to myself. I grabbed my phone that has a strap of the anime "Death Note" along with a mini-Ryuk attached to it. I flipped it open, revealing my L background and saw that I have 3 new messages. One from Reina, my best friend, and two from my mom.

'Hey Amai! See you later at school! My mom decided to drive me, so you'll have to walk alone for today' -Reina

'Dear, sorry I had to leave early. I have some important business to attend to...' -Mom

'Don't worry. Your breakfast is already on the table. Just heat it up, together with your lunch. Love you!' -Mom

I heavily sighed as I closed the phone. I looked at my room filled with collectibles, posters and other things related to "Death Note". My mother would sometimes scold me from buying too much stuff, and I always end up having my allowance cut in half. Once, I went into this anime convention with Reina cosplayed as a female Light Yagami and me as Misa Amane and we ended up winning Third Place in the cosplay competition. That may be one of the happiest moment in my entire life. I still remembered holding the trophy in my hands while people gather around us and asks for pictures.

Sometimes, I just wished I could actually live in the world of 'Death Note'. That way, I could actually experience what my favorite characters do everyday.

"Get yourself together Amai. That isn't even physically impossible," a voice inside my head suddenly interrupted my daydreams.

I slowly blinked my eyes and headed slowly for the bathroom door. I took a quick shower, dressed myself up with my school uniform, and headed downstairs to eat.

After that, I grabbed my school bag and headed off.

*School bell rings*

I sat by the window near the classroom, staring up at the blue sky. Our homeroom teacher was discussing some things about the school festival which is just a bunch of junk for me, so I ignored him for the last 40 minutes.

Then, something suddenly popped inside my head. Me looking out the window, teacher discussing something, some students not listening.. this is like episode one of Death Note where I'm in the place of Light, who was really getting bored. I chuckled to myself. "All I need now is a Death Note falling from the sky, and this would fit altogether," I thought.

As if someone can hear me, right on cue, a black notebook suddenly falls outside, landing on the wet grass on the school grounds. My eyes widened. "C-could it be?" I asked myself.

Mr. Mori, our teacher, suddenly called my attention. "Miss Amai! Please stop staring out the window and listen to what I'm saying!"

I realized I suddenly made a fool out of myself. "S-sorry sensei!" I stood up and bowed. The students around me started to snicker and exchanged whispers to one another. But that's just the least bit of my worries. Now, I have something urgent to do. More important than anything else at this time.

I raised my hand. "Sensei! May I please use the bathroom?"

Our teacher raised his right eyebrow, giving me suspicious looks before saying, "Alright, but please be quick Miss Amai."

"Thanks!" I said while I hurriedly went out of the room. I started running to where the black book fell and once I arrived, my mouth flew open.

At the cover of the book engraved the words 'Death Note'. So it is true! The cursed notebook actually exists! I happily (not to mention absent-mindedly) picked it up without thinking of what might happen next.

Then the Death Note flew open, revealing a dark hole that swirls in a left-right manner. And before you knew it, I was being sucked inside.

I closed my eyes, and awaited for my fate.

- End of Chapter 1 -