Chapter 19: Amai's Transformation

**** uhhhh hi? *smiles and runs away* ****

- Location: Headquarters
POV: Amai's -

The sound of heavy breathing echoed through the speakers just outside of the special white room. A girl who was blindfolded and restrained by different belts and straps was shown by the glass window, the only part that could make you see what's happening inside. I look at Misa, who seems to be taking things lightly. She's not panicking, or screaming or causing a tantrum. Heck, she's not even moving, which made me feel pissed because L was like asking her with continuous questions and all he was getting was groans.

I got up and yanked the mic from the detective, and spoke in a threatening manner (well at least I think it was threatening), "Listen here, Miss Superstar, the reason you're in that situation is because you know something about what's going on... so I suggest you talk now, before I rip your throa-"

"Alright Amai, that's enough." Ryuzaki snatched the mic away from me. "You've had your fun, now leave the questioning to me, alright?"

I slowly nod my head. I can't help it! Yeah I know who Kira is... and where he is, and how he kills people... but the sight of Misa just makes me want to gurgle acid. You know how in every story, there's this annoying character who does nothing but makes things worse? That's right.. this chickie here is who I'm talking about.

"Ryuzaki, she still refuses to budge. Should we go ahead and torture her out of it instead?" I say with a sweet smile on my face. And with that, L gave me a look that he always give Matsuda, shame with a pinch of disappointment.

"What? It was only a suggestion!" I cross my arms and pout at him. "Geez, some people can't even take a joke."

"This is no laughing matter, Miss Nakahara." I flinched when L said my last name. "What we have in our hands right now is an opportunity, and we cannot just let it slip away from our grasp. Now, kindly step away from the microphone as I talk Miss Amane here about the whereabouts of Kira."

"Alright, fine. If that's what you want." I went and took a seat on one of the nearby couch, glaring at L and Misa. If you ask me, he's just wasting his time. This blond Barbie wouldn't spill anything that would involve her "dearly-beloved Light" in trouble. But then again... that's what I've been doing this whole time too.

"...kill me."

Huh?

"Just do it. Kill me now."

I stood up and head over to where L was. If I remember correctly... this is the part where Misa talks Rem into killing her rather than leaking out any information about the Death Note. But the problem is, I couldn't see her Death God. Maybe Rem decided to go with the plan of erasing Misa's memories and make her forget everything about Kira and his killer notebook or--

"BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!"

The sound of an alarm awoke my senses. What's going on? What's happening? I see L and the officers' awestruck faces. I blink my eyes and watched in horror as the great Misa-Misa superstar...

... scream and try to move as she was slowly being taken by a heart attack.

A few seconds, the room fell silent. The second Kira was dead. As Matsuda and Aizawa slowly removed her corpse from being restrained, I fell onto my knees and tried to process everything that had happened. L rushed over and tried his best to comfort me. "A-amai... are you... okay?"

"No. This is all wrong. This shouldn't have happened. Misa, she wasn't suppose to die. This isn't... this doesn't feel right at all!" I attempted to regain my sanity, but sadly, it failed. "SHE WASN'T SUPPOSED TO DIE OF A HEART ATTACK! S-she was suppose to assist Kira in fulfilling his goal of becoming god! A-and Light was..."

It was too late when I realized that I've revealed everything to L and the rest of the Police Task Force. I swiftly cup my hands on my mouth in return. Ryuzaki shook his head in disbelief and muttered "I knew Light was in fact, Kira but... you, Amai? Out of all the people out there, you were the one who knew. And you were lying to us this whole time too. I... can't believe I'm saying this but..." he pointed a finger at me "... Amai Nakahara, you are under arrest of aiding Kira in his heinous crimes. Mogi-san, please take her away. Yagami-san, please call your son and tell him to come here... so he and I could have a little talk."

As Mogi headed to where I was, holding a pair of cuffs, I slowly came to a conclusion that this Death Note World is fucked up. Everything's going the wrong way... and if I don't do something soon...

Just before Mogi could cuff me, a dark shadow suddenly showed itself and went inside me. "Aaaaaahhhh!" I feel it roaming my insides, making everything it touches burn in pain. "Gaaaaah!" I sway my head from left to right repeatedly, jerking my whole body as I try to control myself. I slowly open my eyes to find myself half-covered in what seems to be feathers and my visions are nothing but crimson red. Without even thinking, I raised my arms up and flailed both of it continuously, until I felt the ceiling collapse and I could finally taste the outside. I don't even know what's going on... or where am I going... but one thing's for sure...

"Must... close... the... gate before... it ends..."

- End of Chapter 19 -