Zentangle

^My Art by me:Living Black

ZENTANGLE GUIDE Part 1

Every artist must use zentangle at some point in their career. To describe it briefly, zentangle is the art of drawing lines. That's all. Anyone can exceed at mastering zentangle. Almost no artistic abilities are needed. Only imagination.

When doing zentangle, you want to use a black lining pen to bring out each individual line that will eventually form a design.

You can use zentangle to fill in any object or thing you create with your mind.

Say you are done drawing the outline of a flower, but it looks a bit bland. The way you would fill this in is up to you.

There are 3 ways:

1. Tell a story inside of your drawing with other tiny drawings that create a pattern.
To tell a story, you need one first. Drawing the flower, you may want to sketch out a story of a grass fairy, or finding yourself. Leaving these tiny drawings black and white may look better.

2. Do random patterns relating to nature or any object you are drawing.
Do tiny mini flowers inside of your big flower with little butterflies and bugs crawling along the petals.

3. Use colors!
So how do you choose the right colors? Look at your flower again (or whatever you sketched) and choose what colors the petals would be. Color in your designs with around 12 different shades of pink for example.
If you only have 1 pink colored pencil, you can easily get 12 shades out of that.

Press extremely lightly for the peachy color and gradually work up to pressing harder, getting a rosy color.

You might also want to work a bit pf red into the corners of the petals, adding some depth to the flower.

Tutorial time!!