Chapter 10: Protecting Hope

Stefan's POV
After what I said, everyone was frozen in shock except Caroline. She looked shocked and hurt? I guess she feels something for Klaus. Elena, Damon, and Tyler were pissed and that made me stand even more protectively in front of Hope.

Elena shouts "STEFAN, HOW CAN YOU SERIOUSLY EVEN TAKE CARE OF HIS FETUS AFTER EVERYTHING KLAUS HAS DONE TO US? TO YOU?!" I glare angrily at her and shout back "KEY WORD ELENA: KLAUS! WHAT HE DID! HOPE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!"

Elena says a little calmly but still angry "still, he killed so many people including Jenna, John, Isobel-" Tyler cuts her off angrily "and my mother!" Elena points at Tyler and says "exactly! And here you are raising his little spawn." Damon says "demon spawn!"

I say "okay that's it, I have heard enough! This is exactly why I wanted none of you to know. You always let your hatred for Klaus cloud your judgement. You are a threat to Hope along with any other evil that is after her. I don't trust you when it comes to Hope especially you three." I say that last part pointing at Elena, Damon, and Tyler.

Ric says calmly "Stefan. We mean no harm to the little girl. It's just Klaus and his family has done a lot to us. You have to understand, this is just going to take time."

I say "I understand he's done a lot to you, but Hope is innocent. She's not her father." Mom, Greg, Shontae, Erin, Savannah, Alexis, Brennon, Jontae, Bonnie, and momma G smile at me and Hope. They see how protective I am of her.

Liv asks "so wait, when Klaus called you to New Orleans, he was asking you to take care of Hope? Not help him fight some witch that was after him? You made that up?"

I say "yes! That's why I left. With everything that was going on, I just needed to get Hope away from here. It was too dangerous for her. I needed to protect her."

Mom, Bonnie, Greg, and momma G smile at me, but it falls when Damon asks "protect her? That little demon spawn? Are you serious Stefan?" Elena says something that really pisses me off "Klaus compelled you, didn't he? That has to be it! Why else are you doing this!"

Okay, that's it, I have had enough. I say angry "you know what Elena, you can be a real bitch most of the time. You are more like Katherine than I thought. I wasn't compelled, I had vervain in my system the entire time I was there. I took Hope and raised her because it was what I wanted to do."

I show my vampire face and say still angry "I wanted to take care of her! So you know what? You, Damon, and Tyler need to get over yourselves." Everyone widen their eyes and gape at me, surprised by everything I just said and how I look.

I look at Hope and when I look into her eyes, it calms me down a little and I get rid of my vampire face. I look back to everyone and I see Elena has her head down. Finally! She realizes how wrong she is.

Elena says "you're right Stefan, I'm sorry. That doesn't mean I have to like her." Tyler says still furious "or me!" I glare at both of them then look back to Hope who looks sad. When she's sad, I get angry.

When I'm about to say something, Hope says something that surprises ALL OF US "I'm sorry!" Everyone looks at her surprised except me, Shontae, Erin, Ebrajin, Brook, Savannah, Alexis, Sarianna, Brennon, Jontae, Kayla, mom, momma G, Greg, and Bonnie.

We look at her with sad eyes because we know she shouldn't be apologizing when she has done nothing wrong. Hope says "I don't know what I did to you guys, but whatever it was I did I'm really sorry."

I give Hope a stern look and say "Hope, don't apologize to them; you did nothing wrong." She says "but-" I interrupt her "NO!" She nods her head. I look at everyone and momma G, mom, Greg, and Bonnie are looking at me proud. They see me being a father and scolding his child for apologizing when she did nothing wrong.

I say "Bonnie, I came back because I need your help. Hope, is starting to come into her powers. She needs help learning to control it. I trust you to help her." Bonnie says "of course." Jeremy asks "still, why does she need protecting? And how is it even possible Klaus had a child?"

I look at Hope and I look at Matt and he nods his head, knowing I'm asking him to take Hope outside for a bit. I ask "Hope, can you go outside with Matt for a bit, please?" She wraps her arms around my legs tighter and says "but, I want to stay with you, Daddy S."

I say "I know sweetie. We'll be together again soon, I promise. I just need to talk to the adults for a while." She nods her head and goes over to Matt and says while smiling brightly and holding her arms out for him to pick her up "Mattie!" He picks her up and takes her outside.

I wait a while until they are farther out into the field. When they are, I say "okay, here it is..." I explain EVERYTHING to them. The only thing I'm leaving to tell them last is how Gabby is involved.

Greg says, speechless "wow! Just wow." Tyler says "wait a minute! Did Gabby know you were leaving town with Hope? Because she was the one that told us you had to leave." I say nervously "yes."

They notice how nervous I was. I know out of all them, Damon will explode if he found out Gabby was in New Orleans risking her life to save Hope. Greg asks "what is it Stefan? Where's Gabby?" They all look at me attentively and curiously.

I say "in New Orleans. Helping them get rid of the threats to Hope." All of them got up in shock and looked worried and a little angry because Gabby was in New Orleans risking her life for the originals.

Momma G looked worried about her daughter, Greg looked worried like he was going to die, and Damon looked furious and worried like he was going to kill somebody.

Damon yells "WHAT?! HOW CAN SHE SERIOUSLY GO AND RISK HER LIFE? ALL FOR THOSE ARROGANT ORIGINALS AND THAT LITTLE DEMON SPAWN. THAT CHILD IS NOTHING BUT A MISTAKE! A MONSTER!" Something in me triggered when he called Hope a mistake and a monster.

The next thing I knew, I got angry and I vamp speed to Damon pinning him against the wall by his throat. He is trying to gasp for air and I say cutting off Damon's air supply more "don't you ever, call her a mistake or a monster again!"

I throw him to the floor and he is coughing and gasping for air. Serves him right. I turn around facing everyone and they are all gaping at me in shock. Elena ran to Damon, helping him up. I walk over to the liquor supply and get a glass of bourbon. I will always protect Hope. Despite what they all think.