Somehow (Paul imprint story) Ch 2

“Mavis! Wake up.”

My eyes opened in alarm, staring at the blank walls and empty table. I allowed myself to be confused for the slightest moment before I gently reminded myself that I was expected to move out this afternoon.

I made my way to the bathroom silently and brushed my teeth. I then had a shower and change into a hoodie and jeans. I entered my room for the last time and dragged my black suitcase down the stairs.

“Thanks for the 3 weeks, Aunt.” I said emotionlessly as I pushed open the door.

I watched as Aunt Dania rushed over to me, handing me an envelope. “You will need this, Mavis.” She mumbled, pushing it into my hand. I shook my head lightly and was about to refuse when Aunt Dania pushed me gently towards the chair.

“I...I know that I asked you to leave but...it’s still my duty to find you a place to stay. So...how about you stay with one of my nephew? He...”

I sat there, not really paying attention to her at all.

Why bother to send me somewhere else if you already decided that you don’t want me?

From my past experiences, some do. Some don’t.

I couldn’t help but let out a faint smile as I recalled my bitterest memories. Someone who never bothered with warm words or duty...

“MAVIS, I have already packed your suitcase. You have five minutes to disappear from my sight.”

“Mavis, well...I won’t babble for any longer but if you need it, the address is in the envelope along with some other things and...Good luck. I am sor-“

I stood up, not wanting to hear that very last word.

“Thanks Dania, I will manage.”

With that, I walked over to the door and pushed it open for the very last time.

Mavis, you are now in search for another home...

I wonder how long you can last...

I don’t even know where to go...

Check your envelope.

I nodded to myself but continued to waddle away from the house until I reached a small park. I placed myself on the bench and took out the envelope. I ripped it apart and was amazed at what I saw.

Cash...Money...

“Thanks Aunt...” I muttered, and was now aware of the piece of white paper folded among the cash.

I unfolded it and a few words captured my attention.

Aidan Ross...

Port Angeles...

Destination set.

I guess I might just go and have a look around.

Here I come, Home number...

Number....Number...Seriously I can’t even remember...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, this is Chapter 2....Thanks all for the comments. Please remember to vote. Comments are also great! :)

Ohhh...and to the people that don't know, Mavis here is pronouced (May-vis), not (Ma-vis). I don't know but some people pronouce the other way... But, you know, whatever suit you guys!

Thanks again. :D