Somehow (Paul imprint story) Ch 4

Mavis’s POV

I stared at Aidan in distress, hoping that he was just kidding. Although, I wouldn’t mind at all if we move to a slightly better house than this one.

“That’s not funny, Aidan.” I muttered, tugging the side of my beanie nervously.

A strange habitat I formed over the years of moving...

“Who said I was meant to be funny?” Aidan smirked, wandering slowly towards a nearby room. “I am serious, Mavis.” I grimaced as he disappeared into the room and emerged again with a large shoulder bag. He threw the leather strap over his shoulder and turned to look at me.

“You can stay here if you want.”

I paused and a few seconds later my sense finally came back and I moved swiftly out the door.

At least this won’t be home...

“So, where are we planning to go next?”

Aidan was suddenly behind me, leaning on a tree with his shoulder bag next to him. I twisted around to face him.

“We? What do you mean by ‘we’?” I questioned, wondering about my next destination.

“Oh, come on. We are both homeless right now. You won’t leave me alone, right?” He asked, shaking the dirt off his bag.

“Wrong. You have your family, that is not what I called homeless. You don’t deserve to use that word.” I snapped and dragged my suitcase along with me.

Aidan’s POV

Ooh. Touché.

Mavis’s POV

“Are you just wandering around or do you actually know where you are going?” A voice that I found extremely irritating asked me for the third time. I chose to continue with my journey and ignored him.

“MAVIS. OH MAVIS. Answer my question or I will continue asking until you do.” Aidan nagged me again with his annoying high-pitch voice. “So, do you actually know where you are going or not? Do you?”

I stopped and clenched my fists.

“Would. You. Just. Stop.” I grumbled and paused to take a break.

Aidan rushed forward and stopped right in front of me, blocking my way to freedom.

“Why. Would. I.” He grinned, beaming cheerfully at me. I let out a frustrated groan and tried to moved pass him.

I gave up and placed myself on the dirt, waiting for him to get out of my way.

“You know, if it helps, I know where to get a car and where we could go.” Aidan claimed and sat next to me on the ground.

My head jerked up and I paid attention to what he might say next.

“We can go to La Push, about a 90 minutes drive.” He paused, checking my sullen reaction. “Or less.”

Hmmm....A 90 minutes drive with this annoying thing.

Will be a test on my patience which I was unfortunately born without.

“Where is the car?” I mumbled, getting up again and brushing the dirt of my bottom. Aidan grinned and held out his hand. “Follow me.”

I slapped his hand away and hold onto my suitcase. “I am fine tagging along.”

He shrugged, “Suit yourself.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, Aidan got his car from a shabby looking garage and hurled his shoulder bag in. He opened the boot of the car and I was just about lift my heavy luggage myself. Aidan stopped me and took it away from me. “Let me do that.” He winked and positioned it comfortably inside the boot.

Umm...Unexpected...

Aidan’s POV

“Well, let’s go.” I cheered and stepped onto the petal. I glanced at Mavis from the viewing mirror and saw her staring bitterly at the window.

There was a slightly uncomfortable silence but I remained still and focused on my driving.

When a girl needs her time...It’s best for me to shut up.

----------------------------------------------------------

I am really sorry that this is late. Really sorry...

But I hope you liked it and thankyou so much for all your patience. The pack should appear in the next two chapters.

Please tell me what you think of this chapter, I would love to know. :D

Thanks for reading.