Chapter 14

Kyla and I were early to breakfast today since we didn't bother waiting for Carla to apply an endless amount of make-up products. That was only because I told Kyla that I didn't want to wait. She was being very patient by not questioning what was up but I'm also waiting very patiently for her to pounce at me and make me spill everything.

Nothing was actually going on but it was just that even Carla's presence seemed to irritate me. I refused to sit and think about it to question myself as to why I feel this way.

Eventually, Princess Carla approached our table and joined us. Honestly, why does she even sit with us? She has her own friends.

Probably cause of Seth.

The two of them engaged in a conversation that I had no interest in. A few minutes later, Kian arrived and he did not look happy. He smacked his palm on our table, grabbing our attention.

"What you guys did," he started, angry. "Not cool."

I shrugged, taking a bite of my toast. "You should've seen it coming."

"Actually, I did see it coming." We turned around to see Seth with his arms in the pockets of his sweatpants. "But I didn't expect all of you to go that far. Do you know how wet out trailer is and how long it's going to take to clean everything?"

"Not to mention, all our things are wet too," Kian added.

"What is going on?" Carla interrupted; making me shut my eyes in annoyance. Gosh, can she stay out of this? She's not a part of us.

"Aw, look how worked up you are," I cooed, ignoring Carla entirely. "Accept defeat and this ends right here."

Seth laughed mockingly and said, "Babe, your pranks are amateur compared to what I've done in the past. If anything, you should accept defeat."

"Well, looks like our prank war will continue then," I said, shooting him a sweet smile.

"I think so," Seth responded.

"Oh, by the way, Kian," Kyla said, just as they were about to leave. "Tell Derrick that I want to watch the video in his phone."

Kian didn't say anything in response, clearly pissed at us, which made me want to burst out laughing since Kian's anger was similar to a three year throwing a tantrum over a piece of candy. It was adorable.

Once they left, I did burst out laughing. "I would love to see their trailer right now."

"I know right!" Kyla agreed.

"What is going on?" Carla repeated, making my laugher dissipate.

Kyla began telling her the story while I sat there, staring at Carla.

*

We were going to be going to a hot springs today. If I didn't have a broken foot, I would've been excited. Now, I wasn't as thrilled to enter a hot springs. I had no intention whatsoever to slip and fall while limping and permanently damaging my foot.

Kyla had changed into a tight, grey bikini that contrasted with her grey eyes exceptionally well. We were sitting on a deck while Mrs Delia waited for everyone to change. She had managed to take Derrick's phone from him and we were about to watch the video.

She pressed the play button and we skimmed through hours of footage before we reached the morning when they finally woke up. Kian was the first one to wake up. He stretched his arms over his head and got off the bed. As his feet touched the floor, unaware, he lost his balance and grabbed onto the bed next to his. Looking down, he cursed out loud.