Chapter 2

I rushed through the empty hallway, following the direction the janitor had given me of the changing rooms.

Wonderful, I thought to myself sarcastically. First day in a new school and you’re already late for a class.

Not that I mind missing gym.

I took the right he had told me to take and found myself in front of the two doors. Pushing the faded door with my shoulder, I threw my bag down on a bench and scrambled through it for my gym clothes. Removing them, I set them down on the bench.

Crossing my arms over my head, I yanked my T-shirt up and pulled it over my head, messing my hair in the process. There goes all the effort I put into perfecting my braid this morning.

I threw my T-shirt on the bench and reached down to remove my shorts.

“Woah! What the-” a deep voice echoed behind me.

My eyes widened and I froze in place. I turned slowly to face the person who had just spoken. Two brown eyes were staring down at me with amusement.

“What are you doing here?!” I exclaimed, frantically grabbing my T-shirt from the bench and holding it up in front of me as protection from his wandering eyes.

He was shirtless, showing off his muscular upper body. His dark, wet hair was messy and sticking out in different directions. He had that cute look going on and it was not helping.

The left side of his mouth twitched up as he leaned against the pillar behind him. “I could ask the same thing.”

“Excuse me?” I asked, raising my eyebrows. “I’m not the one who walked in on you stripping!”

“Fair enough,” he said, giving me a nod. “But then, you are the one stripping in a boy’s changing room.”

My mouth opened up in shock. “What?”

He put his hands up in defense mode and said, “By all means, go ahead and change. I have no problem.”

I glared at him as a smile played on his lips. Jerk.

“Could you turn around?” I snapped. I was not going to put down the T-shirt that was hiding my upper body from him to wear it. “Please,” I added after a beat.

He smirked but did turn around. I pulled my T-shirt on in the blink of an eye and grabbed my bag and stormed out of the changing room without glancing at him.

*

I looked at him once more. I can’t believe it’s him.

There’s no way I’m going to be his Valentine’s date.

I backed away quickly, pulling out my phone and dialing Kyla’s number. She answered on the first ring.

“Hey! Who is he? Is he hot? Cute?”

“He’s Seth.”

I heard her gasp. “Seth?”

“Yes,” I said, looking over my shoulder to see where he was.

“He likes you?” she questioned, surprised. “I never noticed.”

“I don’t care,” I told her sternly. “I am not going in there. I’ve embarrassed myself enough in front of him. Besides, he’s a jerk.”

“Come on, give him a chance,” she pleaded. “After all, you were the one standing in your bra in front of him.”

I clenched my teeth. “I don’t want to spend my evening with him.”