5 Pillars of Islam

1. Shahada (Testimony of faith):

Ash hadu Ana Lailaha Ila Allah, Wa Ash hadu ana Muhammadan RasulAllah.

I bear witness that there is only one God worthy of worship, and I bear witness that Muhammad is his Messenger.

[This testimony of Faith is said when one wants to convert to Islam]

2. Salah (Prayer):

We Muslims pray 5 times a day. These prayers are called:
○ Fajr prayer (in the early morning, before the sun rises)
○ Thuhr prayer (when the sun is out)
○ 'Asr prayer (in the late afternoon)
○ Maghrib prayer (right before the sun sets)
○ 'Isha (after the sun has set)

3. Zakah (Charity):

Charity is given by the rich [and people who are capable of giving] to the poor.

Narrated Abu Burda: from his father from his grandfather that the Prophet said, "Every Muslim has to give in charity." The people asked, "O Allah's Prophet! If someone has nothing to give, what will he do?" He said, "He should work with his hands and benefit himself and also give in charity (from what he earns)." The people further asked, "If he cannot find even that?" He replied, "He should help the needy who appeal for help." Then the people asked, "If he cannot do that?" He replied, "Then he should perform good deeds and keep away from evil deeds and this will be regarded as charitable deeds."
[Sahih Al-Bukhari - Book 24 Hadith 524]

4. Sawm (fasting):

Muslims fast in the month of Ramadan, the 9th month of the Hijri calendar. [We don't eat from Fajr all the way to Maghrib]. We are prohibited from eating or drinking. We are not allowed to have sexual intercourse, smoke, do drugs, alcohol when we are fasting.

"O you who have believed, decreed upon you is fasting as it was decreed upon those before you that you may become righteous -"
[Surat Al-Baqarah 2:183]

5. Hajj (Pilgrimage to Makkah):

Every (capable) Muslim must go for the Pilgrimage in Makkah and prescribed in the Qur'an:

"And complete the Hajj and 'umrah for Allah..." [2:196]

If you want to know more about Islam, feel free to inbox me.
~Umm Mj