PoH Chapter 12

Author's Note: Middle of the day, I suddenly get a feeling I should be updating on Wattpad. Well, I actually felt like I missed a day, but I guess it was good I got that feeling or else there wouldn't be an update today.

I think this one's a little shorter, not sure though...

Enjoy, comment and vote please!

4 Votes: July 27

Normality: July 29

----------------------------------------------------

“Aaron!”

            I gnashed my teeth together, annoyed. I walked down the cool marble halls, the blood red curtains around the giant windows to my right showing a black sky. The double doors burst open with my annoyance.

            “Looks like someone’s angry~” came a sing-song voice from Lili. She was toying around with another doll.

            “Where’s Aaron?” I tried to keep my anger in check.

            “Not here yet,” Lili twirled the doll’s hair. “He should be.”

            I took my seat in a granite chair, the bottom cushioned.  Lili was busy playing with her dolls, and there was one more person sitting in the room, Jennice.

            “Hey bro,” she waved, bored. She was scratching the table with one of her manicured nails. Her phone lay on the table by her side, vibrating. Quickly texting back, she resumed her bored demeanor.

            I drummed the table top till the door opened. I glanced over, almost ready to attack someone. No, not Aaron.

            “Hey Trent,” I bumped fists with my older brother. “You’re not late for once.”

            “Hey, no classes, no tardiness,” Trent laughed and sat down, putting his feet up on the table. “Now to wait for the last person. By the way, Aleck, Lin told me something very interesting a week ago.”

            “What?” I asked, forgetting my anger. “Lin told you something?”

            “Oho, so you’re curious,” Trent raised his eyebrows and smirked. “Yes, it’s very helpful being the ‘older brother’ of Lin.”

            “It was about prom, wasn’t it?” I asked and he nodded. “Tell me!” I felt like a five year old, but it was worth it getting the information out of Trent.

            Lili looked at me, then back to her dolls.

            “You haven’t grown attached to that mortal, have you?” she asked quietly.

            “O-Of course not!” I retorted. “Now, Trent, please tell me what she told you.”

            “Hm~ You’ll have to figure that out yourself,” Trent smirked.

            “I’m not going to hack into her account and read through her mail!”

            “I didn’t say that, you did.”

            “…Bastard.”

            The door opened one last time and Aaron walked in, flinching at the sight of me. “Okay, before you maul me to the next world,” he held up his hands in defense, “I was curious, okay? I know that you were already there, but you two were arguing, I wanted to meet that mortal, and I wanted to see what the place you lived was like.”

            “You jerk, that doesn’t mean you can interfere!” I stood up, walking up to Aaron, and poking him, hard. “I don’t care if you’re my brother, even more my twin, but I won’t allow this! I’ve already been –”

            “Settle down, settle down, you two can duel it out later.”

            A male in his late twenties appeared and sat at the head of the table.

            I gave Aaron, my fraternal twin, another glare and sat back down.

            The man gave a sigh, and smiled tiredly. Lili put her doll away and even Jennice pocketed her beloved phone.

            “Let the meeting of the Aclytes begin then.”