Part Three: The Plan

The graphics on Lucille's desk displayed glowing trackers signaling ships passing close to the Moon Colony's boundaries. One glowing red was traveling directly towards the spaceport, the rest green and identified. It had been traveling from the Confero's direction and matched the description of the their transit ships. Usually the Moon Colony destroyed any foreign ship that came into their boundaries. Expecting Violet to arrive soon, she couldn't risk hurting the girl by shooting the alien ship down. After much consideration, Lucille decided not to fire.

Lucille paced in her office, smiling as she stepped over Frida playing a handheld game on the floor. That girl has such high hopes for a reunion, she thought, how could she disappoint her? And if Violet did not come, what would Lucille be forced to do to get her back? She realized she would do whatever it took, it was that simple.

Frida looked up at her and smiled. "Is it Vi, is she here yet?" The excitement in her eyes was almost contagious.

"I think so, it may be her, but let's not get our hopes up." Lucille understood the power of a promise broken.

"Can we go meet her when she lands?" Frida asked.

"No, too many people are out in the middle of the day, it is not safe for children." Lucille sent Kennith to the spaceport instead and would watch what happened through his internal cam from the safety of her office.

"Oh, okay." Frida lowered her eyes and sighed.

"Let's get ready, remember when we made the message and sent it to Violet? Well will be kind of like that, but in real time, once she comes out Kennith will project our image so that she can see us as we move and speak. Fun, huh? Play your game and I will let you know when to stand with me." Lucille hardly recognized herself. Now she could see compassion just grazing her surface. Frida had warmed her heart more than she expected. Maybe she would keep her as family when everything was finished, despite the trouble it would cause.

-----

Kennith rushed through the terminal, desperately trying to beat the incoming ship to the docking bay. The spaceport was enormous, humans and robots and cyborgs all worked their way around each other. The strange thing about the place was the mingling of classes. The wealthiest of Genesis bought food and clothing from the workers from Ickwall before their voyages.

A high-pitched beeping came from his wrist."Yes, Madame President Lucille?" He asked as he checked a map. A man wearing a glowing headset bumped into him and cursed. "Sorry!" Kennith whispered.

"Sorry for what? Are you there yet? They should have landed by now." Lucille's rasping voice filled Kennith's ears.

"They just did and I am almost there." Kennith had reached the ship, and sent the signal to shut it down.

"Hold the ship, do not let anyone on or off. If Violet doesn't show herself, search the ship top to bottom. Turn on our projection so they can see us."

Frida jumped up and down as Kennith's cam showed on the screen in front of her. She could not wait to see Violet, as much as she was starting to appreciate Lucille. The woman had been kind to her, more kind than she ever hoped.

"He's walking up to the ship, I think Violet is about to come out!" Frida practically squealed. The image showed a long thin ship with almost no windows. Silver and blue flecks of metal covered the polished surface of the craft.

She grabbed Lucille's hand and grinned, but the woman's fingers shook. "What's wrong? Are you not excited?" She asked.

"I am, I just want everything to go smoothly. No worries, little one. I will take care of anything that comes along." Frida felt Lucille's grip tighten, but it wasn't painful. A door began to open at last.