6: Pickled Bras

Chapter 6: Pickled Bras

"Stop spying on him", Audrey cried out as she stuffed her bag with more unnecessary items. After Audrey came back from Jeremiah's house, she showed me a camp leaflet that Jeremiah and she really wanted to go to.

I wasn't planning to send her but current circumstances led me to. The fact that a manipulative ghost was haunting this house and was probably planning something evil to get us out of here was still my biggest concern now. So I decided to send her to this expensive camp so that I could sort out the problem before Audrey gets to know about it. I don't want her to be afraid after all she's only six years old.

"I was just looking for...err the mailman" I said removing my eye from the peep hole and turning to Audrey. I was actually planning to hit Rodrick with a bamboo stick as soon as he gets out of his abode.

Things to buy:

Tampons

Ben and Jerry's ice cream (Chocolate Brownie fudge, Red Velvet)

Bamboo stick

"Yeah right", she said as she looked at me with her cute angry face. I was depressed by the fact that my best friend and my boyfriend cheated on me. The past days I have often been crying myself to sleep often muffling the sound of cries with my pillow. I looked down to see my white sweats and my loose dark blue t-shirt. I haven't changed out of them in days and they kind of got stained with every food I had for the past few weeks. I have been eating my heart out and binge watching every show on Netflix. Pretty much I am a mess. Rodrick and Casey has been flooding me with calls. Rodrick is such a cowardly asshole, he didn't even bother to check up on me considering he is one door away. I just spent the whole day going over our old photos on the laptop and looking through the peep hole to get a glimpse of him. I am so pathetic.

"Hey Graciee... we don't have that stench anymore",  she smelled the air. She's right it's gone. And surprisingly it's less when Audrey is around. I have a feeling the stench is produced by the ghost. Speaking of ghost, I need to get Audrey out of here ASAP. He may not show up but I knew for a fact he was here. The pile of Doritos kept disappearing and if he was the only one eating them, then I have to say he had a great appetite. It has been a few days and already half the pile was gone.

"Yes! I think Gary's here" I confirmed looking out of the window to see a pick-up truck parked beside our apartment. I carried her bag while Audrey followed me downstairs with her stuffed pony clutched tightly to her chest.

I was greeted by a very excited Jeremiah and Gary who was checking himself out in the rear view mirror. Audrey took a seat beside Jeremiah and Gary, Jeremiah's older brother got out of the driver's seat to greet me.

"Hey, how is it going?" he asked straightening his jacket.

"Good I guess", I said with a sigh.

"Heard what happened between you and Rodrick. That was a bit of a dick move from him". A bit?!

"How do you know about us?" I asked desperately trying to sound not too eager.

"Well Joe is my cousin who's friends with Rodrick. He told me about it", he shrugged as he placed his hands inside his jeans pocket.

"Hmm".

Before I could say anything more, Jeremiah interrupted us. I have to say I was glad for the sudden interruption. "We are going to be late Garyyyy", Jeremiah whined. Jeremiah is the smaller version of Gary. They have the same dark brown eyes and curly jet black hair except that Jeremiah has little freckles over his nose which makes him look even cuter. I met Gary when I went to Audrey's orientation. Gary's parents are always travelling so Gary takes care of his younger brother by himself just like me so we sort of became good friends in a short time as we can relate to each other.