Chapter 6 ~ Fire Burning

Jay's P.O.V

"Jay!" Penny screamed at the top of her lungs.

I continued to laugh as I ran away from the green headed beast. Her face was priceless when she looked in the mirror, if only I had a camera on me, that picture would've made a great Christmas card.  

~*~

I woke up this morning thinking about what sort of pranks I would pull off today and who to play them on. I remembered the last prank I pulled. My victim happened to be one of my partners in crime, Josh. I had snuck into his bedroom in the early hours of the morning with a permanent marker at hand. The door creaked as I pushed it open. The light from the hallway slithered into his room, lighting up his face. I had to hold in an 'aww', he looked so peaceful when he was asleep. His innocent face almost made me want to back out of the prank, the key word being 'almost'. I made my way over to his bed and sat down on his bed. I took the lid off of the marker and began my master piece.

My art work was finished a few minutes later. I stood up and surveyed Josh's now scribbled on face. On his forehead I had written 'Jay's bitch' and on both of his cheeks there were two very large love hearts with Jake's and James's names in the middle of them. I took out my phone and snapped a few pictures before I quickly left, closing the door behind me.

I proceeded to make my way back to my bedroom so I could give everyone a wakeup call. Underneath my bed I found my blow horn and grinned evilly to myself. 

I know stood in the middle of the hallway, staring at the watch on my wrist. It was almost eight o'clock in the morning on a Saturday. I knew I was going to be in so much trouble, but it would be worth it. When the second hand landed on 12, I pressed the button, unleashing a noise that sounded like a dying cat. Thankfully I had my ear plugs in.

When the blown horn had drained, I pulled out my ear plugs and heard thunderous steps coming down the stairs. I stayed put at the bottom and watched most of the pack charging down the stairs. If eyes could kill I would probably be dead by now. 

"Good morning," I innocently smiled at them, with the blown horn still in my hand.

"Don't 'good morning' us Jay. Do you have any idea what time it is?!" Penny demanded.

I glanced down at my watch, "I believe it is five past eight."

"Do you know what day it is?"

"Urm... Saturday?"

"Yes, so why have you woken us up so early?!"

"I didn't want you to waste half of your day-" I cut myself off as I glanced behind Penny and broke out into fits of laughter. Josh was standing behind her.

"What are you-" Penny turned around, "Oh my." She said placing a hand over her mouth to stop herself from laughing. Everyone else turned around and stared at Josh. That's when everyone lost it, we all started laughing. I had tears streaming down my face as did Penny and the boy's.

"What are you all laughing at?!" Josh shouted over our howls of laughter.

"l-l-look in the mirror," I tried to reply.

He glanced in the mirror and stared at his face. "I'm your bitch am I now?" He said turning to face me once again.

~*~

I pulled that prank over a week ago and boy to this day I still find it funny. I have the picture that I took of Josh on my wall among all of my other photos. In my bedroom I have a whole wall covered in photos of the boys, Penny, the whole pack and I. Somewhere pictures I had taken from pranks that I had pulled on them, the boys and I on stage singing and random pictures with different members of the pack.

Now back to planning.

I got out of bed and jumped into the shower. Whilst I was putting in my conditioner an idea popped into my head, the perfect prank. I finished my shower in record time and threw on my dark shorts, a plain white tank top and my white all-star converses.

I bent down and opened one of my draws where I kept my pranking supplies. As I bent down a burning pain rippled through my entire body. This burning pain has been occurring for a few months now, but I just ignored it and hoped that it will go away with time.

Ignoring the pain I continued with my prank. I walked swiftly over to Penny's room and snuck into her bathroom. I pulled out the green hair dye from my pocket I poured it into her shampoo bottle.

Minutes later I heard a high pitched scream whilst I was eating my breakfast, which consisted of a stack of pancakes covered with golden syrup. 

I was about to take my last bite when Penny appeared in the doorway with a mess of green hair on the top of her head. I bit down on my bottom lip trying to hold back a smile as I stared at a furious Penny.

"Jay."

"Yes Penny?" I smiled.

"Did you do this?" She said gesturing to her hair.

"What if I did?"

"Then you'd better run, because when I get my hands on you." She didn't even need to finish. Everyone knew that you shouldn't mess with Penny, but it was just too funny to not to.

So that is how I found myself running from the green headed beast. I ran through the pack house and out the door with Penny screaming my name. As we ran past pack members they stopped and stared giving me strange looks, but once they saw their alpha running after me with green hair they started laughing.

I had almost made it out of the pack town when the burning pain shot through my body again. However, this time it was ten times more painful than this morning. I stopped running and crumpled to the floor screaming. I heard several pairs of footsteps running towards my direction. I opened my eyes and saw Penny, Jake, James, Josh and a few other pack members looking at me with concern in their eyes.

"M-make it stop." I whimpered.

"There's nothing we can do," Penny said sounding defeated.

"Please." I let out another scream as the burning increased. It felt like the inside of my body was on fire.

"We'll stay with you, Jay." James said taking a hold of my right hand.

"Through all of it," Jake said taking my other hand. Out the corner of my eye I saw Josh and Penny sitting at my sides with wet flannels dabbing my stomach and my legs. More pack members arrived with buckets of water and more flannels and they proceeded to help cool my body down.

Another wave of pain shot through my body and I closed my eyes. This pain was becoming unbearable. My grip on Jake's and James's hands loosened as I passed out hoping that the darkness will help take away the pain.