Chapter 18 ~ Action Plan

~ Jay’s P.O.V ~

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing; did everyone think that I was just going to let Cameron mate with me because it’s what everyone else wants? I don’t think so. He won’t be mating with anyone until he can show me that he wants me for me, nothing more or nothing less and that’s even if I forgive him.

“I’m not doing it.” I blurted out interrupting the thick silence.

“Jay.” Seb said in all seriousness. “If you don’t do this then you won’t be able to enhance your powers and win this war.” I looked at him puzzled wasn’t he supposed to be discouraging me?

“I’ll repeat what I said. I’m not doing it. Cameron and I haven’t even accepted each other as mates. Heck, he rejected me! Who’s side are you on anyway?!”

“I am on my own side. I’m trying to get you to use your powers for my side, to help the rouges win this war.”

“That’s not going to happen.” I scoffed.

“As we have already discussed you don’t really have a choice. If you refuse to help me your friends and family will be killed.” I scowled. “Look I’m not telling you that you have to do it now you have plenty of time before it all starts but I suggest that you do it sooner rather than later.” Without another word Seb got up and exited the room leaving Cameron and I in an awkward silence.

Why did this have to be my life? Why couldn’t I just be a normal wolf with a normal family, a normal pack and a normal mate? A mate that would’ve accepted me without a second thought and did it because he wanted to. Why couldn’t I have all of those things? Don’t get me wrong I love my life now, I have an amazing pack, amazing friends and I’ve managed to have a relatively normal life apart from being who I am. But have you ever had those thoughts where you wished your life turned out differently? I’ve never thought about that until now.

“Jay?” Cameron’s voice was soft. “Are you okay?” I ignored him but thought about his question. Am I okay? No, no I’m not.

“No I’m not okay.” I burst jumping up and started pacing. “I’m being forced to mate with you just so a bunch of rouges can use my power! I’m being forced to mate with my mate that rejected me because I wasn’t perfect, I didn’t fit in with the crowd and I didn’t fit in with the pack.” I stopped and turned to face a shocked Cameron. “How do you think I’m supposed to feel? So far my life has been planned out by someone else. I want control over my own life. My innocence is the only thing that I have left. And you’re not having it!” I was breathing heavily after my outburst. I must say though I feel much better after letting all of my anger out.

Cameron looked as if someone had slapped him over the face with a fish. His eyes were wide and his mouth was slightly agape.

I was still shaking at first I thought it was because of my anger but then I noticed that a tear dropped from my check and landed on the cold concrete floor. It was like slow motion where you watch water drop to the floor slowly and watch the water splash back up again. I looked back up to Cameron and wiped my face furiously trying to wipe away the tears but new tears just took their place.

“Jay.” Cameron said softly getting up and pulling me into his arms. I could hear the pain in his voice. Even in his strong, safe arms I continued to cry soaking his t-shirt with my tears. “Shh, it’s okay. It’ll all be okay.” He whispered rocking me backwards and forwards in his arms. I was positioned so I was sitting on his crossed legged lap.

“Y-you’re not going to make me mate are you?” I hiccupped looking up at his face.

“No. I would never do anything that you wouldn’t want to. It’s all on your terms.”