Chapter Sixteen

Sometime later, I was shaken awake and he carried me down to the river to wash up. One thing led to another and things got heated and we ended up having to do it there. I was so tired that I slept when we were done. I don't know how he got me home, but I woke up in bed at the pack house.

It is strange having to wake up and not wrapped in his arms, just like how I woke up in the times we were visiting the packs. I sit up with my back to the bedroom door and pick up his pillow just to breathe in his scent. Gosh! He smells damn good and this pillow doesn't have much of his scent.

"Uh, what are you doing?" His voice breaks me out of my daydream and I hastily turn around falling down the bed. I fall on my butt and I immediately feel pain, reminding me of yesterday's activity. I groan as he picks me up and lay me back on the bed.

"Are you okay?" He asks and I look at him with a raised brow.

"Do I look like it?"

"No. You look like you're in pain."

"Thank you for figuring it out." I reply with sarcasm and he shakes his head at me and look at the wrist watch he's wearing.

"It's one in the afternoon, you sure slept a lot."

I scoff and cross my arms on my chest. "It's ​not my fault that someone couldn't get enough of me and tired me out to the point that I passed out."

He looks at me with a questioning look and I give him a bored look. Soon the wheels turn in his head and he gets what I am saying.

Stupid Elijah.

"Oh," he drawls out and then clears his throat. "So, the fall, the pain, I thought you will be okay by morning and since you slept in, I thought you are even better by now." He adds sheepishly.

"It's obvious I am not okay, so don't get any ideas."

"Uh, okay." He pauses and stares at me with an awe look. Getting frustrated with the looks he's been giving me, I mouth to him a 'what?', he clears his throat again and goes to the door.

"I already took a shower. Get ready; we are having lunch with my parents." With that said he walks out the door and close it behind him. I roll my eyes and stretch my body, ready to get this day going.

I take a shower, get dressed and look around the house for Elijah. I don't find him, so I grab an apple in our kitchen and walk out the room, going downstairs ​to have lunch. I'm so hungry, my stomach feels so empty and I sure need some food to fill me up.

"~I'm sorry I left without you. Dad called me to come down.~" Eli says and I shrug.

"~Whatever.~" I cut the connection and go to the house's kitchen, where I'm sure Jemima will be. Sure enough, I find her there monitoring.

"Good mor- I mean good afternoon, Jemima." She turns to me and gives me a hug.

"Good morning to you too." She releases me and holds me at arm's length from her. "I missed you, Kacper. You two had a long journey and at a moment I was afraid we might not meet."

"What are you talking about? You live here, so why could we have not met?" I remove a tear that managed to drop on her face.

"He, um, so he didn't tell you?" She asks and now I start to worry.

"Who didn't tell me what?"

"Don't worry about it. I assure you it's nothing bad. We will talk about it during lunch." She brings me in a hug again then takes my hand in hers. "Let's go, the table is set."

We walk in the backyard, where a table is set under a huge tree which is shielding the table from the sun. Elijah and his father are already there and look like they are having a serious discussion. I wonder what it is about. When we reach them, the two pull out our chairs and we sit. Elijah gives me a brief kiss and takes his seat. I'm seated beside him and we are opposite Jemima and Darius.