Chapter Twenty

ELIJAH'S POV

These past three weeks, my life keeps getting better and better. It was three weeks ago when I found my mate in heat and all alone. We devoured each other in all the days his heat lasted and our connection grew stronger. Our love and sex life is getting better and better. We tell each other everything and we are mostly together even in the office as we work back to back. We go for walks and sometimes run together in wolf form. It truly is my dream life come true and I'm glad it's with Kacper.

Things have been going good so far, with no problems. The witches haven't done anything else at Jonathan's pack or any other pack and for that I'm grateful. It's always a nasty encounter if wolves and witches are involved.

I also took my mate to the tribe and he absolutely loved it. He cried when he saw a pregnant male and he assured me that it was only tears of happiness. I knew that wasn't the case and he truly was crying because of our situation. Not being able to provide the most important thing expected of us, was a huge disappointment.

I love Kacper so much but my love for a child was still there. I still wanted to father a child and be able to show him the love my dad showed me as I grew up. I will not push my mate into any decision of a child at the moment but I know someday we will need to talk it out.

"Will you come home for lunch?"

"No, I won't." I answer my mate as he walks me to the car. I tried to make him not come out and rest since he couldn't keep his food inside the stomach this morning. He kept on throwing up and even dry heaved, I was very worried.

"I have a lot of paperwork to take care of, in the office since I haven't gone in there for some time. I promise to be back home early." I add and lean down, giving him a kiss on the lips.

"I love you," I say, my forehead pressed against his and looking him in the eye.

"Always and forever, Elijah."

I enter the car after some few kisses and Xavier drives me to the office. On the way, I call Chris to stop by at the pack house and check on my mate. Kacper refused to have the pack doctor check him out and requested Chris, his friend, as his personal healer. I had to make sure he will stop by. Unfortunately, he was a bit busy but promised to come by as soon as possible.

I reach the office and Violet, my PA, greets me as usual. She explains all I had to know and do for today but I tell her to cancel the meeting I had this morning and move it to later in the afternoon. I wanted to get things sorted out with the paperwork first.

"Shall I bring you coffee, sir?"

"No. That won't be necessary, Violet." I dismiss her and she leaves my office. Kacper made me promise to never eat or drink anything that is not recommended by him. He even said, he will be sending me lunch if I will not be able to go home for it. His reasons being, he didn't want me to get poisoned. I just love the attention he has on me and not care much of the reasons.

**

Two hours later, still working, the feeling of discomfort overwhelms my being. It takes me a minute, to discover that it wasn't really my feelings that I felt but Kacper's.

"~Babe,~" I call out on our mate link. He doesn't answer and that has me really worried.

"~Kacper!~" I shout.

"~Don't shout in my head, Elijah!~" He shouts back at me. I smile, hearing his beautiful voice but also weak.

"~Are you okay, babe? Is something wrong? Did something happen? Are you hur-~"