Chapter 5

Lia

A knock on my door sounded.

I groaned.

I grudgingly got out of bed, and opened the door.

This time it was Nate.

"What?" I asked.

"You haven't eaten, so I brought you something to eat in case you get hungry," he said.

"Stop being nice to me, hot stuff. I don't need your pity or your kindness," I said. "What I want from you is to leave me the hell alone. I'm sure we can limit our interactions until we have to pretend that we're in talks of marriage."

"You have to get used to having me around. How will people believe that we're a couple if you're repulsed by the sight of me," he responded.

Repulsed? Trust me... I wish that is how I feel when you're around... That would make my life so much easier.

"Whatever. You may not even be here long enough to pose as my anything," I retorted.

"Didn't we have this conversation already?" He smirked.

I scowled.

"I don't..."

"Quit. Yes, I get it," I cut him off dismissively. "But you see, I don't quit either," I said. "I'll make your life hell until you quit. You're gonna be sorry," I said.

"You wanna bet?" He challenged.

"Sure."

"Alright. I'll give you one week. Do your best to make my life hell, and by the end of the week, I quit, then you'll get your wish," he said. "But if I win, we spend a whole week getting to know each other. We'll do what normal couples do. We'll date everyday until you're comfortable with me," he said. "For one week, we'll go on dates."

I smirked. "You sure you wanna bet against me?"

"I'm sure, sunshine," he said confidently.

"You've got yourself a deal."

And before he could respond, I shut the door on his face.

I giggled at my action.

I swear I heard him mutter something that sounded like, "frustrating and difficult woman!"

I chuckled.

Nate

I shook my head in amusement.

Then chuckled. Then I realized I still had the tray the food and drink in my hands. So I knocked on her door again.

"Sunshine, you forgot your food," I said through the door.

A few seconds later, she opened the door.

She grabbed the tray from my hands, and quickly shut the door on my face. Again - the same time she muttered a quick thanks.

I shook my head again, but I had a stupid grin on my face.

I walked back into my room, and I jumped in the shower.