t w o

AN: thanks for all of the feedback on the first chapter!!! Hope you enjoy chapter two... Bye my loves!

Xoxo, Anonblonde

/////\\\\\

After the encounter with Cade, I went to the library. My classes were only on Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I enjoyed the independent college I was enrolled at. When I turned 13 I made it a mission to get out of the 'normal' education system as early as possible. I was always studying or taking notes. The only friend I use to have, called me the highlight queen. When I was 16 my school told me I could graduate in enough time for college entrance. My parents didn't enjoy the name calling that came along with my brains and body. Eventually I got my last credit and enrolled here to study physiology. My mother and father found it different as they both have very high IQ's. For an excuse, I said I was just studying it for entrance to med school.

So here I am touching some very dusty spines of books about historical fiction. I'll occasionally place a book in between another two if the number is right. I take the cart of books and go to the next isle. My parents didn't mind paying for my studies but I took up a job at the school to help pay off my tuition. I thought the library was the best place as nobody comes here anymore because of the invention of phones and I love books.

I take a Civil War fantasy book and place it on the shelf filled with others. I look at my watch and see that I have five minutes until I'm off for the night. I begin to lock the doors and Cade floats into my mind. My heart wants me to go checkout the Bible and see if the pickup line is cheesy but my mind says I should not let a boy interrupt my school work. I walk over to the religion shelf and see the Bible. I pick it up and run my hands over the cracked cover. What the hell? I think and checkout the book.

Walking home is something I do not seek comfort in. I live in a small 2 bedroom apartment off campus and the library closes at 7. Its already past sunset and its getting closer to being dark. I do not want to learn if the phrase 'the freaks come out at night' is true. I would much rather be curled up in my bed watching a good episode of Game of Thrones. I should not be walking home alone and cold. I hear a motor in the distance and turn around to seek the motorcycle. There isn't a soul in sight so I pick up my pace and turn onto my street. I see that the motorbike is parked in front of my complex and my curiosity is spiked. There is a helmeted man on the bike and a girl behind him. Watching the pair, she picks her leg up and hops off the bike. The masked man peels off his helmet and its Cade. I don't let this phase me and roll my eyes. So typical my thoughts mutter and I nod in agreement. I noticed that he had tattoos on his hands and arms as well as gauged ears but a motorcycle? How basic can a bad boy get? The girl leans in for a kiss and it becomes a full on make out session. I finally avert my eyes as I come closer to the two. Cade puts his helmet back on and fires up his engine before I can see the dust blow in the corner of my eye. I chuckle to myself and shake my head.

"I'm sorry is something funny?" The girl behind me says. I turn around and face the ballsy girl.

"My bad I wasn't laughing at you or him I- I just thought of something earlier I'm sorry. My fault." I say with a honest chuckle.

She raises her perfectly plucked eyebrows and I turn around and practically speed walk to my room.

After a nice hot shower and a warm cup of tea, I decided to not read the Book. Why would I let someone as manipulative and deceiving as Cade... Invade my thoughts? I will not play into this game he has planned out in his head.

That thought had lasted about a good seven minutes.

I wanted to really see how good this book was. My mind told me not to over and over again but what does my mind know? It is literally just the frontal lobe of my brain, Its not even a whole brain. A little piece of brain should not control my heart and my ability to comprehend jokes. Before I knew it, I was lost in the Old Testament.