3: No Show It Is

Daniel Bederov as Kaden Johnson

Chapter 3: No Show It Is

LILY POV

I am alone again.

I heard the front door shut and so I hopped down the staircase to grab another cupcake the second time around.

The house isn't too big but it isn't too small either, all I could hear is my heart beat along with some night crickets as I opened the fridge for my treat.

I am used to this kind of arrangement though - Laura and Asher out for a good night while my Aunt extends her work until 9 to 10 in the evening.

With the refridgerator locked close, I leaned my back on the counter as I gobble down the small chocolate sweets.

Always alone, I am, I sighed out loud.

But then again, this is my life and this has been after my parent's accident.

A tear ran down my right cheek as I reminisced the tragic night. This isn't healthy, my situation isn't.

"Lily!!!" my father shouted as I opened the backseat door while he was on a 80mph drive home.

Why I'm being the crazy girl?

I was advised to go to some mental ward for the third time after my first but my mother wouldn't let me in for reasons that she could handle my depression.

Though the beginning of my diagnosis started when I was deeply bullied because of my boy cut hair in third grade. That led on until I tried killing myself in fifth grade. Young age? Well that wasn't any barrier for me to contain my self pity and misery.

Anyways, why my father is on the verge of making this sedan fly to get home is because I'm having my attacks and this time, it is quite scarier than normal. I am shaking and afriad out of my life. I don't know why, but I just feel scared and small after my counselor suggested a good stay at the hospital for the insane.

I opened the door at the fast paced speed this car goes and that took my dad's attention from the road. I am not wishing to die like this but I did it because I can't feel my lungs getting the air it needs.

This simple mistake turned things unexpectedly worse to worst. Our car met a bus at 10:23 in the morning.

I heard the tires screech as my dad tried to miss the huge transport truck ahead of us but time and space never gave us a chance as I felt myself jerk forward, I swear I thought my neck snapped.

The hit on my right is so painful I want to tear my other half off of me. I opened my eyes and realized that I am out of the car through my opened door.

My eyes scanned the smoky surroundings and met the car we have. My father was all bloody, his face being buried on the broken windshield while my mom is trying to catch her breath.

"Mom?" I dragged myself despite my injuries to see how my mom is, swinging her door open for me to pull her out.

"Sweetheart" she coughed blood out, stopping me halfway.

My hyperventilation suddenly diffused out from thin air as I felt myself shook in cries that couldn't bring my father back and mother better.

She cupped my face with both her hands, "Sweetie... Don't cry... I-I hate... S-seeing you cry..."

I shook my head, hearing the ambulance near the area "Mom don't speak. Help is on their way"

"No sweetie. I-I love you. Don't ever think you are a mistake... You are amazing... Lily. Always remember that.... You are the most w-wonderful thing that happened to us" her palms slid down my cheeks along with the endless tears that followed suit as I knew that she could never tuck me to bed again or help me face the judgmental people who thinks I'm crazy out of my mind, which I wasn't really, I am just misunderstood mom says.