6: Purposed Found

Chapter 6: Purposed Found

The room went deafeningly silent as I waited for Kaden to speak up. His brows were no longer knitted but the concern and pure emotions washed his features.

The guy is a happy go lucky and I think he never gets any more boring and emotional but it looks like people has their persona mask on at times. Moreover, this is a rare event that Kaden has his mask off of his handsome face.

I'm not going to change that though, he is certainly handsome and unexpectedly sympathetic unlike the douchebags at school who laughs at my distress or the ones who cause my distress.

The words leaving Kaden's lips made the sudden turn of topic, "Why did she hit you?"

He can never say why I needed to need his help.

"None of your business" I whispered, still seated on my humble bed.

The loud sigh told me that he hates my vague answers but what can I do? I don't do friends because no one wants me and I accepted that fact. Why would I hope for something that could never be given to me?

"Should I just ask her then?" his brows raised in question.

Leigh. She hates my sister because of taking Asher. I want to say but what good could it do? Asher and Laura? Pfft. He would just call me a lunatic.

"She won't-"

"Oh believe me she will" he interrupted.

"She isn't afraid of-"

"Trust me, Leigh has more to fear" he did it again.

"I'm crazy. Why would you believe me?" I avoided the question.

"You're not crazy. Just misunderstood" my tears fell like the waterfalls when he muttered those words.

I miss my mother. She used to say that to me when I needed support and love.

From the crying mess that I am, I felt warmth engulf me as Kaden - the first person and boy that actually noticed the troubled girl deeper than the others - embraced me like I was normal, like I deserve other's attention and love. Do I deserve it though?

- - -
The next day came by like a snail. I couldn't sleep and couldn't take Kaden out of my mind all night. He left after comforting me and good enough, he never threw questions again.

But why he cared? I never got informed.

Now, I walk through the lobby of Summerville High head hung low, as always. No one noticed which is good and no one even talked about which is better.

Laura took off early with her car to visit Bailey for some reasons I never would know so I paced to school like a loner that I am.

It seems like just the normal day but when Leigh and Maria got in my line of vision, my spirits went down the drain. Specially when Laura and Bailey is having some stare down with the other two. Where Madison was? That's the least of my problems.

I turned for my locker avoiding the situation as Leigh started babbling for the drama to start.

"I never saw you coming this early" Leigh's fake high pitched voice echoed.

The crowd stopped as the words were left hanging. This is what people are into, they eatch others snap and fall of a pedestal. They are mean. The world is mean and only some people could see through those things. Some tries fighting, some pretends to fight but some others give up.

"I should, shouldn't I?" my sister clearly enunciated.

"Why should you?" the other mocked.

"You know why" Laura kept calm. The thing I admire my sister for is her unending patience. It is rare that she breaks but that rare moment was when she cut ties with me. I never knew why but I just try and understand.