Chapter 1- Getting the Scroll

IMPORTANT NOTE: A lot of this book was written before certain books came out, whether that's Neverseen or Lodestar or Nightfall or Flashback or whatever KOTLC book came out recently when you're reading this. Please keep that in mind to account for certain elements of the fanfic that don't line up with recent books. This fanfic was written between 2015 and 2017.

A/N: I'm tired. And sleepy. *Yawn* Just finished this chapter, so yay for the new book. Tell me in the comments who you think is or should be Sophie's number one! Now, good night!

The scroll arrived just moments before Sophie left to school. Since this was her last year at Foxfire, she had decided to request one. She was about to rip open the seal when Edaline grabbed her hand.

"You don't want to skim that in a rush," she advised. "Go to school and you can see it when you come back."

Sophie looked longingly at the scroll, but decided it was best not to protest. With one last look, she held her crystal up to the light and leaped to Foxfire.

*~*~*~*

"I'm home!" Sophie called, walking into the kitchen. "Can I open the scroll now?"

Edaline smiled at her daughter's eagerness. "Of course."

"Wait, what's this I hear about matchmaking?" Grady asked, walking inside. "Have you opened it yet?"

Sophie held up the unopened seal in response.

Grady laughed. "Well go on, open it."

Sophie slowly peeled away the seal and unfurled the paper, reading over the fancy script.

Top Tiers for Sophie Elizabeth Foster

Sophie scanned the sheet, her eyes widening when she saw her number one.

"He's my number one?" she whispered, not sure what to feel. "Wow."

Edaline read the scroll over her shoulder. "Are you going to tell him?"

Sophie shook her head. "I don't even know if he requested his matchmaking list or not," she explained. "I don't want to influence him beforehand."

Edaline nodded. "Good idea," she agreed. "Are you going to tell anyone?"

Sophie's shook her head, a mischievous smile on her lips. "Not exactly," she hinted. "I wonder if he'll propose."

Grady walked over and read the list, giving Sophie a knowing smile. "We'll see," he agreed. "Are you sure you don't want to tell anyone? Even Biana?"

Sophie shook her head, grinning slightly. "Let's see if they can find out."

*~*~*~*

"Did you get your matchmaking list?" Sophie asked to Biana on her Imparter.

Biana nodded. "How about you? Who was your number one?"

Sophie smiled. "I did get my list, but I'm not saying who my number one is."

"What?!" Biana exclaimed, outraged. "Why?"

"If he proposes to me, I don't want anything to influence it."

"Fine," Biana relented. "Is it someone we know?"

"Oh yeah," Sophie answered.

Biana raised her eyebrows. "Is it someone we've known for a really long time and been friends with... Say since the Black Swan?"