Chapter 25: Decision Time

Everyone turned to look Caroline. Witches were anxious about who the bloody heck was she and how did she get there. Elijah was speechless but certainly feeling some sort of relief. Klaus on the other hand was shocked and furious.

”I'll do it.” Caroline said again little louder. ”If it's possible.”

”No, you're not!” Klaus walked in front of her.

”Yes I am!” Caroline argued.

”How the heck are you here!?!” Klaus hissed dangerously.

”I followed you.” Caroline noted calmly.

”I told you to stay at my place, to wait for me!” Klaus yelled, grabbing her from her upper arms.

”I didn't promise to obey you!” Caroline released herself. ”You don't get to tell me what to do or not to do!” Her eyes sparkled with anger.

The witches look upon each other. This was very unexpected turn in the matter. This blonde vampire girl stood up to the Original Hybrid, so she clearly didn't have much instinct of self preservetion, they thought.

”She stays out of this.” Klaus commanded Sophie. Elijah tried to say something but Klaus silenced him. ”End of discussion, Elijah. I will not have any more arguments in this matter.”

Caroline reached her hands and cupped Klaus's face between her palms gently.

”Hush, hush...” She hushed him to calm down. ”Please forgive me this.” She whispered.

Then she snapped his neck. Caroline had taken Klaus unawares. Everybody gasped.

Deadly silence fell in the cave. The witches were staring at Caroline. It was Elijah, who broke the sience by clearing his throat again and saying:

”You know that he wont stay long like this?”

”I thought so too.” Caroline nodded.

”And he'll be extremely mad at you?”

”I'll handle him later.”

”I can't tell you how much I appreciate your...” Elijah started.

”Stop it. We don't have enough time for that. You can thank me later.” Caroline said. ”If there is something to thank for. Is it possible? Since I'm a vampire, my body heals quicker than Hayley's and it can take much more damage.” She directed her question to the sad eyed witch, Sophie.

”I'm not completely sure.” Sophie pondered. ”But it's worth of trying. Gather around!” She signed to other witches who approached them with respect for Caroline.

”Gather around us!” Sophie commanded the other witches. ”Spirits! We need your help now!” She looked up and the flames of the candles answered. ”What's your name?” She asked Caroline.

”Caroline.”

”Ok, Caroline. I'm Sophie and now I need you to take Hayley's hand.”

Caroline grabbed Hayley's feeble hand in hers and Sophie grabbed the other one. Sohie and Caroline also linked togeter and then there was a circle. The other witches linked together as well so there were inner circle and the outer circle. Elijah stayed back and had removed his brother's unconscious body out of the way.

”You're brave of doing this.”

”Oh. I would've thought you say that I'm nuts?” Caroline murmured.

”Maybe. But mostly brave.” Sophie smiled shortly. ”Don't worry, we'll help you.”

Then Sophie started chanting and the other witches followed her lead. The candlelights grew to brighten up the cave and licked it's ceiling. Wind started to blow and Sophie's voice raised. Hayley started to twitch even more, like she was having a seizure or something.

”Take her hand!” Sophie screamed offering Hayley's other hand to Caroline too. Caroline took her and felt like a she couldn't let go, even if she had wanted to.

Suddenly it all seemed to stop. Like time itself had stopped. Caroline felt a creeping feeling moving inside her arms. Then the time started to run again and Caroline felt like a massive punch right to the stomach which made her letting go of Hayley and flew backwards. She landed pretty hurtfully on the stony floor.

Sophie came to check that she was alright. She examined her carefully and placed her palm on Caroline's stomach. An amazed look spreaded on her face. ”It is done.” She breathed and smiled to Caroline. ”It worked!”