Part 9

Okay, first of all. Sorry. I honestly didn't think I would continue with this because I don't really go with this ship much anymore. But hey, here it is. Another part. Though I would say do not get your hopes up for another part immediately.. It may take a long time to upload again. But to those of you who have stuck around and continued to comment. Thank you, sincerely. Thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony stared at Steve silently as Steve did the same. "Hello.." Tony stated, admittedly he couldn't help but stare at Steve.. The sweat.. on his chest.. Wow. He smiled as Steve nodded to him. "Hey.." Tony saw Steve take a deep breath and open his mouth to speak but Tony interrupted.
"I was perfectly fine.." He stated. "Being alone. I loved it. I had Dummy.. and Jarvis and that was all I needed." He frowned. "My company.. My brain. I didn't need this." He gestured between them, he watched Steve's face, and he looked bitter and angry and went to speak again. "No.. I'm not done!" He pointed out, Steve could have growled but he just stood respectively.

"I didn't have anyone, didn't need anyone.. Then.. You happened." He stated pausing. "I'm still Tony Stark, I'm still gonna flirt and charm my way through life, its what I'm used to.. But you! You turn up, I give you a place to stay.. Even though you were an ass through the whole of New York." He frowned and looked down.
"But then I get to know the supersoldier my dad told me stories about.. Hell, you're the only thing that gives me a few good memories of my dad.." He mumbled. "And you turned out to be this.. This.. Amazing, gorgeous, humble, kind, blonde, blue eyes hunk muscle!"

He paused as he heard Steve chuckled. "Hunk muscle?" He asked now smiling a little. "Shut up!" Tony glared, though a smirk played on his lips.
"You don't get it! I was completely fine being a shallow ass, who gets drunk every day and wakes up next to a new person every morning.. and let's my PA throw them out for me so I don't have to deal with them." He saw the slight sadness in Steve's eyes making him look like a puppy, Tony groaned in slight annoyance. "Don't pity me! I loved my life." He stated. "I could have any women or man I wanted, I could buy anything I want.. And my house.. Look at it.. Its amazing."
He looked to Steve standing tall, and perfect even when he was this sweaty. Damn him. "I had it all.. And then you're perfect ass came in and made me question it." He sighed softly before continuing. "I guess.. I am missing something.. I'm not good at things like this.. I'm not good at relationships or even.. those annoying feelings that I try to drown with alcohol.." He mumbled the last part, but Steve heard.
"I guess what I'm saying is.. I can't promise you I'll be good to you.. Or I won't lock myself in my lab for days.. Or drink until I pass out.." He looked to him. "But.. I'd be willing to try.. If you were.." He stated.

Steve felt like killing Tony when he interrupted, but his army training told him to shutup and be still, to which he did. And he was so glad he did, Tony was.. Asking him out, in a really long round about way.. He'd actually asked him out.
Steve blinked in shock and looked to Tony, he wanted so badly to say yes, but his mind was telling him to question everything. "How do I know you won't change your mind?" He asked. "Or sleep with the next person who offers?"
Steve frowned looking to Tony, who replied with. "I guess you don't.. And you just have to trust me." Steve sighed at his remark, he wasn't great at trusting people anymore. He looked down and rubbed his eyes a little. "Stark.." He started. 
Steve looked up to see the little flicker that went through Tony's eyes.  "Back to Stark.. Right.." He heard him mumble and Steve frowned."Tony.." He tried again. "Its not that I don't want to..." Tony instantly looked down, this was why he didn't open up. "But-"
"Its okay.. You don't have to explain yourself." Tony stated quietly for him. Steve frowned and continued "Please just let me?" He asked to which Tony just shook his head. "Its fine.. I get it.. I'm a liability.. I'm careless and stupid and not worth the risk of getting hurt.. I understand." He assured him.

Steve watched, anger bubbling inside him, as Tony turned to walk away. "Damn it, Stark! Shut up and listen to me! For once in your life stop liking the sound of your own damn voice!" He yelled making Tony look back in shock, briefly nodding for him to go on.
Steve paused and took a deep breath before nodding and continuing. "Like I said its not that I don't want to.. But its hard enough for me to trust anyone these days, less you." He pointed out. "You're not exactly a trustworthy person, Tony.. Iron Man, yeah, he is. But Tony Stark... Not so much." Steve looked down. "Maybe we could.. Take it slow?" He asked. "Not just dive right in?"
Steve saw Tony nod a little confused. "Like a date?" He continued, to which Tony's mouth made a little 'O' shape, making Steve chuckle. He  watched as Tony puffed up to his usual cocky self. "I could do that, we can go on dates." Tony assured him with his usual smirk that plastered his face with slight victory.

Steve smiled and bit his lip just slightly before adding. "One catch though.. You're not allowed to have sex with anyone else while we're dating.." Tony nodded. "So we're like.. exclusive?" "Exactly." Steve assured him. "Okay?"
"Okay." Tony nodded, watching Steve as he grinned. "Yeah?" "Sure, how hard could it be? Right? I like you.. You like me, of course. And its not like either of us will be disappointed with the sex we're getting." Tony smirked making Steve blush just slightly. "True." Steve assured him.
"So, Tony Stark.. Would you like to have dinner with me tonight?" Steve continued watching Tony as grinned and nodded. "I would love too.. But.. I pay.. You can choose where we go." Tony looked to him questioningly as Steve nodded. "Sounds fair, okay."
Steve smiled brightly as Tony looked to him. "Better go get showered up, Capsicle.." Steve looked down to himself and nodded, walking off to the elevator, past Tony who turned to watch him, Steve climbed in and Jarvis immediately shut the doors and took him to his room. Steve couldn't stop grinning as he walked into his room, and ran through to the shower.