Chapter Twelve.

Guys! I have some amazing news for the people reading this story, and those of you that are reading are very invested in this, I thank you. But anyway, a lot of you were really upset with how I ended Dangerous, and I mean I’m pretty sure you guys are enjoying Damaged but there is going to be a third book called “Denial”. This book is not over yet so don’t jump to anything, I just wanted to get your input, do you want a third book of Erin and Zayn’s love story, or should I end there story here? leave your thoughts!

Zayn’s POV

                 I couldn’t really control my emotions. One minute everything was okay, Erin was laughing, we were relieving our youth, and dancing on the rocks. I was going to catch her again, I would never let Erin fall by herself again, and I would always be there. With or without James. But sitting here in the hospital emergency room, not knowing what was happening in the next room next to Erin, having no right to see the love of my life, was the last straw for me.

                Of course they called James because it was clear that he was the only one able to have access to her room, even though I was the one, holding her while she cried, watching and causing her laugh. I was the one making love to Erin at night, and making her breakfast when James had failed to be a man. They told me her ‘husband’ was on his way on a rush flight.

                I knew that James could be here within minutes, so I was trying my hardest to calm down. It was going to take everything in me not to bash the idiots face in, because if I killed him I definitely wouldn’t be able to see Erin. What had he done to deserve the beautiful girl laying in the next room, her body hooked up to machines, yet a small smile probably plastered on her perfect lips. He hadn’t done anything that was the thing; I pushed her into his arms. I let her fall in love with the wrong guy because my pride was too much at stake to admit I was in love with her nine years ago.

                “What are you doing here?” The voice was easy to recognize the dumbass behind me. I had been facing the wall, one arm supporting me; deep breathing to calm myself down like my anger management consular taught me. I slowly turn around to see James. His blue eyes showed nothing but disgust, and everything I worked to contain raged through me. I turned around and stalked over to him until he was against a wall. Disgust traded in for fear.

                “Your fiancé is in the hospital, not knowing what is wrong with her, and your biggest worry is to why I am here? Let me tell you why I am here James. I am here because all the times you’ve been away doing what we all know you’re doing, I’ve been planning your wedding and being there emotionally for the perfect women you’re supposed to be there for! You are a sick excuse for a man, you sicken me, you pathetic little snake.” One of my arms was pulling at the collar of his shirt while the other crossed over his neck pushing him farther into the wall. He swallowed thickly, as I felt it on my forearm.

                “Now, you’re going to go talk to the doctor, and you’re going to tell the doctor to let me see Erin, and then you’re going to go home, and when Erin gets out of this place, you’re going to be there at YOUR house, and you’re going to take care of the girl you have. Got it?!” I had to scare him more than I had, it wasn’t enough. I hated this man with every bone in my body. If I could get away with murdering him I would. And I would do it slowly so he could feel the pain he had put the love of my life through.

                All James did was nod, so I let him go, he didn’t make eye contact with me, which was probably a good idea. However he did walk to the check in desk and I watched the nurse stand and show him to the room Erin was trapped in. I wanted so badly to rush in, before they could stop me. Just to get a glimpse at Erin’s state. That’s all I wanted.

                “Zayn Malik?” The voice was high pitched yet I couldn’t help but notice how familiar it was. I turned around to a tall skinny girl, her brown hair pulled into a loose ponytail on the back of her head. She wore light washed skinny jeans and UGG boots, a Nike sweatshirt over her torso. When everything registered in my brain I leaned forward and pulled the girl into my arms.

                “Molly! What’re you doing here?” I was so excited to see the girl I had become close with all those years ago, thanks to Erin. I had never really had friends until I met the beautiful black headed girl.

                “My boyfriend is getting surgery, what are you doing here? I haven’t seen you since high school.” Talking to her seemed to make me feel slightly at ease so I sat down in a chair and looked over at her. She had grown up so much since the last time I saw her. The last time I saw her was the day she told us about the recording deal she got after high school, although I never saw her during her senior year.

                “I was with Erin at the beach we used to hang out with, we were dancing on the rocks, like that night she was out with Tristan, and she went limp in my arms and-“I couldn’t even finish the sentence. The thought of what happened haunted me and I was begging myself not to cry. Molly’s face lit up and she sat straight up in her seat.

                “You and Erin? Are you guys still?-“ I shook my head with a laugh. The story was actually really humorous, Erin and I had been through so much, yet I still couldn’t claim her as mine.  Because I could explain anything to her, James appeared.

                “You can see her,” And I jumped up. Molly looked at James weirdly but didn’t say anything as she stood up and walked back to her boyfriend’s room. I wondered just who she had hooked after all of those years secretly loving Tristan while he obsessed over her best friend and the love of my life. As I walked passed James I made sure to shoulder check him because I wanted nothing more to do with him in my life, but I was stuck with him until the day him and Erin were meant to say ‘I do’.

                I opened the door to Erin’s room and my heart stopped. There she was, her soft black hair making a pillow around her. Her soft pink lips slightly opened, her blue eyes shut lightly. Everything was in slow motion as I looked at her all weak, with an IV in each of her arms. What had she done to deserve that? Why did bad things happen to the best people? The most innocent people.

                “Are you Mr. Malik?” A doctor was suddenly behind me, and since I was sure I couldn’t use words at the moment I nodded my head, my eyes still glued on Erin. Her heart monitors going slowly, almost too slow. It definitely alarmed me. Her heart needed to pick up, it had to. She couldn’t leave me like this.

                “James Johnson had asked me to tell you what is wrong with her, so if you’ll follow me.” The doctor grabbed a clipboard from the end of Erin’s bed and led me out of the room, carefully shutting the door behind us. We stopped next to the large window that still showed me into her room, her delicate body still limp.

                “Ms. Erin had been experiencing slight dizzy spells for a while now, she had been awake just long enough to tell us that, but it seems she’s slipped into coma. it shouldn’t last long, her body is just trying to reboot itself.-“ He paused and looked at the papers in her clipboard. My heart was going so fast I wanted to put some of the speed in Erin.

                “We ran some scans, and it shows that she has a tumor, right under her shoulder area, we aren’t sure if it’s cancerous or not yet, but it seems to be. She’s not too far in so it’s definitely curable. But she’ll’’ need a lot of support. When she wakes up we will talk to her about her options, and you are number one on the list to call when her eyes open, but with her condition we must ask you to go home.” My heart had stopped now and my whole world had come crashing down. Erin had cancer? That just wasn’t possible; she didn’t deserve to suffer like this. so I did the first thing I thought of even though it was way more than irrational. I turned over and I punched the brick wall, a few bones in my hand cracked and pain shot though m. my knuckles instantly turned a purplish-black and blood started to ooze from them. But there was a dent in the wall.