7

Darnell

"995..996..997..998..999..1000," I jumped up and jogged in place. I stop and tried to control my breathing. Once I did I walk into the kitchen for some more water. The sweat was running down my face. I wipe it off with the back of my arm. I search the fridge for something too eat, but I couldn't find anything. Shit.

I shook my head and sat down on the couch. I put my shoes on and thought about what I want to eat. My phone started vibrating in my lap which irritated me. "Hello," "You just can't call your mamma to see if she ok." I shook my head. "My bad mom, but I was thinking about you yesterday." She sucked her teeth.

"If you thought about me yesterday, why you didn't call me then?" I rub my legs and stretch. "Darnell," "Yea mom." "I guess you too busy to check on us." I was getting annoyed and she knew it. "Mom I've been very busy lately." "Hmmmm." I chuckled a little at her and she soon laugh too. "I'm sorry mom, but I really have been busy."

She sighed and I knew she was feeling down. "What's wrong mamma?" "You heard about Mr. Beau'Cannon." I nodded to myself, "Yea mom Jay told me." I grab my keys and walk out my house. I made sure it was lock and jogged to my car.

"I'm on my way to their house. They having a little party and I made casserole." My mouth instantly watered up and I cut the engine back off. I look down at my clothes, "I'm coming, but I got to take a shower." She said ok as I ran back in the house.

I wonder why Jay didn't invite me over. I shook my head as I hop in the shower. I spent twenty minutes in there and got out. I walk in my room with my towel wrap around me and I heard my doorbell ring. I quickly puts some shorts on.

As I walk down the hall the motherfucker at the door started beating, "Yo I'm coming!!" I open the door to see Jay standing there with Rima, Dana, and Kiera. "Mane I stayed up all night with y'all and y'all still want to some of this." Rima and Dana started laughing as Jay dap me and walk on in. They soon followed him in the house.

"So you coming to my pops party too." I nodded and pointed towards Dana and Rima. "Why you invited these chicken heads?" "Nigga fuck you." I laugh, "Ok." Dana mugged me and rolled her eyes.

I walk in my living room and sat on the arm of my couch. "I thought you said I couldn't sit on the arm of your couch." I furrowed my eyebrows and look from him to my couch. "Well nigga you're not, I am." He stuck his hand out, "Exactly, and that's what I'm trying to figure out."

I leaned on back, "Figure out what." "How come you can, but I can't?" I started laughing at this boy because he is too funny. "What's funny D?" I tried to speak but couldn't, "C-cause its m-my damn house." He sucked his teeth and rolled his eyes. I calm down and look over at Rima who was holding a sleeping Kiera. "You can take her to my guest bedroom." She nodded and got up. Jay got up and followed her.

I look back over at Dana and she was staring me down. I look at myself in the mirror and forgot I just got out the shower. I was still wet and everything. "Sup Dana." She nodded and gave me a pretty smile. I chuckled a little, "Well I'm going to go finish getting dress and you can make your self comfortable." She did as I smirk at her leaving out the room. I went back down the hallway and closed my bedroom door.

15 minutes later

I was finish putting my clothes on and sprayed on some cologne. I walk around and found my deodorant and put that on. I stared in the mirror and I look good. For some reason I wanna look good for Dana. Every since we almost kiss last night I couldn't stop thinking about her. Those lips was calling my name and I chickened out.

I might just do it at that party. I walk out my room with my keys, phone, and wallet. "Yo y'all ready." I screamed out and they said yeah. "Hey Darnell" I look down to see Kiera. "Hey Miss Kiera." She smile and waved. I gave her a hug then we walk out the house. "Yo Darnell we riding in your car." I nodded and unlock my doors.