33

Jay

"Dang boy." Darnell said as I showed him the ring. "It aint all that." He shook his head, "Its all that to me." He said and I shrug it off. I thinks it pretty, but I feel I should do better. Or maybe I'm just a boy.

"Well I think she will love it." I nodded and went put it back up. I'm thinking about giving it to her on her birthday. I want to make sure she have a wonderful day, and to end it off with something romantic.

"I'm stuck on how you feeling her so much bro. I cant believe you finally want to settle with one girl." I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "I know you aint talking. When Dana got you wrap around her finger." We started laughing and he held his hands up.

"Aight man, you didn't have to do me like that." "I'm for real. You think I don't see how you act when she around. How you always talk about her and smile. You got it bad just like me." I said and he sighed, "Yea, that's bae for real."

We continued watching tv until I notice D wasn't watching it anymore. He look like he was pissed off and sad. "Aye whats wrong nigga," I didn't like to see my family and friends sad it makes ake me feel depressed.

"You can't say nothing until I think of something." He said sternly and I said ok. "You remember Dria," I furrowed my eyebrows trying to put a face to the name. It sound very familiar, but I can't say who. "Sandria. Sandria Welton." Once he said that I match a face to the name.

"Dria." He nodded," Yea Dria." Then I pointed at him, "Yo cousin Sandria." "Nawl, my cousin." I gave him a blank expression, "Duh nigga." He yelled a little then he shook his head.

"What about her." I said thinking back to the last time I saw her. It been some years since I seen her. She probably the smartest senior in her school. One thing about her is she annoying. She always followed me around whenever I came to see D. She had a little crush on me, and sometimes I messed with her. She was cute, but I didn't like her like that.

I told her how I felt and she was ok with it. She end up having a boyfriend older than me and D, and D didn't like that shit one bit. We already knew what that nigga wanted from her. We tried talking to her about him, and she went off on us.

Then she had the nerve to say I was jealous. How the hell I'm jealous when I was the one who said no to you. If I wanted yo ass you would be right here by me. After the argument she brought the dude around a lot more especially when I'm there. One night we was at the club chilling and I had me a girl. She stared at me almost the whole time we was there.

Then out of no where, her boyfriend came and she started smiling. I couldn't do anything but laugh at her. Darnell told me don't worry about it and I didn't. She thought she was really doing something. Once it was close to us leaving the dude came up to me. Talking about I need to stay away from his girl. She stood right behind him, and told him all kinds of lies.

The boy swung at me but he missed. Once he did that I started punching him repeatedly in the face and stomach. Dria begged Darnell to do something, and he jump in front of me and started beating the shit out of ole dude too. I was too pissed off to get him off the boy, so someone else had to get him.

Once the fight was over we was kick out the club. Darnell went off on Dria about being so fucking childish and naive. She didn't want to hear it and left with ole dude. We haven't seen or talk to Dria in three weeks, but we always saw the boy. We end up going to D aunt house to talk to her.

Her mom open the door and was happy to see us. She told us that Dria been acting strange lately. Once we made it to her room we heard her crying. We knock and open the door.

She was in the corner crying and hugging herself. We rushed to her side asking what's wrong. She couldn't talk at the moment so we waited till she calm down. Time she calmed down she stared in space. She told us that we was right. He was using and playing her. All he wanted was her innocence, that he made a bet on with his friends.