Thirteen.I

XIII. Andrew

Oh Lord have mercy.

Don't you hate it when you are having a good dream and then all of a sudden, someone is trying to wake you up - shaking your whole body with all their might, throwing pillows right at your face - and when the make you open your eyes, you find them seeking for help just to open a jar of mayonnaise?

Oh yeah. I freaking hate it.

It happened when I was having a dream with me and Drea in it. We were about to kiss when Jane and Carly barged inside my house, knocked on my bedroom door and stepped in, and that woke me up. It was just 7 in the morning, and the two of them were so hyper it was impossible to stop them.

Jane was wearing her night clothes - Dylan's shirt and jersey shorts. Her hair was tied in high ponytail and her bangs were clipped. On the other hand, Carly was wearing her bright pink night gown and she was holding Chirpy, the bear I bought somewhere I couldn't remember.

Both of them left their house wearing their bright pink Bunny slippers.

"Good morning, Uncle Drew!" Carly greeted cheerfully, kissed my cheek and went out of my room, probably to go to my living room and watch cartoons.

I watched the girl until I knew that she was out of earshot before I looked at her mother and cussed.

"Damn it, Jane! Is it really necessary to wake me up? Can't your husband do it for you?" I hissed as I tried to sit up.

"Yes and no. Dylan is already at work and nobody here could open this jar. I mean, I know my dearest husband did this knowing my weird obsession in mayonnaise, but I can't fight this craving. I really want this. So can you please open this and you can go back to sleep," she said and gasped for air.

Sensing that I didn't have a choice, I grab the jar of mayo from her and opened the cover counter-clockwise without putting so much effort.

When I gave it back to her, I looked at her face and she was barely holding her laugh. Her whole face was so red and her other hand was covering her mouth.

She tricked me! That woman.

"Thank you, darling. You may go back to sleep and dream about Andrea," she said and winked before leaving me confused and pissed.

I couldn't sleep now that the girls were probably here to make my life miserable as usual. Not that I didn't want them here, but sometimes they liked to see me suffering.

Brutal, I know.

Sighing, I decided to take a bath. I went to my cabinet to grab clothes and tossed it on my bed. It was just a plain white fitted shirt, boxers and ripped jeans. I went inside the bathroom and did my thing.

After an hour or so, I was already dressed and found myself standing in front of the mirror where the photos of me and Andrea with our friends ages ago were posted. It was so hard to believe that five years passed fast enough. After I isolated myself from our friends except Johnny, it was so hard. I tried to focus myself earning for living, no girls and parties... but Drea did not leave my mind, not even once. But when I saw her at his brother's party, I melted. I was angry, so angry at her for leaving me without explanation, at myself for missing her back then, and at her mother for -

"Andrew James! You better get your ass down here before I do it for you. We have visitors," Jane shouted at the top of her lungs, interrupting my moment.

Visitors? I wasn't expecting someone to visit me.

Curious to who they were, I went down and greeted by my family.