Chapter 10: The Offer

Klynn Blaire
_______________________________________

Two days. All of us have been stuck in the dungeon for two days. When she knocked me out I didn't know her group of wolves pretty much contained everyone in the pack already. Some of my fellow pack members haven't woken up yet which made me assume they were dead.

Some people were laying on the floor, some were back to back, and some leaning on each other. And Ashley and Lindsey are no where to be found.

I looked beside me and saw Kyle leaned up against me. He had bruises, cuts, and dried up blood littering his whole body. His clothes were tattered and torn ad well. He must of felt me wake up because his eyes opened and he looked at me. "Klynn? I thought you died." He tried to hug me, but winced at the pain. "Don't worry, we'll get out of this. I'll make sure you and everyone else get out safe and sound." He didn't entirely believe that would happen by the look on his face, but he agreed anyways.

I heard keys rattling in the dead silent hallways. The sound came closer to the door which blocked off all lights from outside, the only light coming from a dim ceiling light. The door opened, letting light pour through the now open door frame. "You." He pointed at Kyle. "Come with us. Torturing starts soon. Resist and we will kill you." I looked up at the familiar voice and saw Derek. I don't personally know him, but my wolf does. Now that I think of it... where is Fahren?

I noticed Derek pulled Kyle up by the arm and I made a protest. "Wait! Take me instead. Please, don't hurt him." He looked at me and sighed. "Fine," he said, showing no facial expression. I said I would make sure everyone gets out of here safely, but what about me? Kyle looked at me with wide eyes and I whispered an "it'll be all right."

Derek pulled me with him to another room within the dungeon. The room smelled like the metallic scent of blood and death. I was panicking on the insides, but I kept calm on the outside. He strapped me onto a chair that seemed like it came straight out of a horror movie. It looked like a medieval torturing chair, just no spikes.

My wrists and legs were tied securely to the chair which was bolted to the floors. It was a little wobbly which meant whoever did the job wasn't that well educated in doing this type of stuff. Maybe I could use this to my advantage?

I kept my head down the whole time. I tried calling for Fahren but it didn't work. I'm safe to assume that they drugged me and now my wolf is knocked out. "Stay here." When I looked up he still didn't have a single emotion on his face. It was like that blank look was forever etched on his face. "Let us go! What do you want from us?!" I yelled, struggling to get out of the chair.

"No hard feelings. I know we talked a little back then, but that's over now. I needed money to support me and my mate and this is what we had to do. As much as I wouldn't want to kill one of my acquaintances." He said.

"Just because you needed money you threw away the lives of others? You selfish bastard!" He snarled at me and I held my ground. Provoking him isn't something anybody would want to do, but maybe this is something I want to do.

He took a deep breath, trying to regain his composure. "Okay. Deal with Linda," he paused. "I'm sorry for losing control. I'm not a selfish bastard and I would appreciate it if you don't call me so."

"I'm saying the truth! Your're ruining lives for money. Get a job and your problem would be solved. We didn't do anything to you guys!" He scoffed at me. "Like you would know anything about my life." He's playing that card... with me? If I wasn't in this predicament I would laugh.

"Same goes for all of us." I mumbled. He turned back towards the door and leave. Probably to get someone to start the torturing.

I guess I could see where he's coming from. He and his mate need money, but he picked a bounty hunter as his job. They can cause mass distress depending on the job they take. It could range from killing people to getting a certain item.