Chapter 15: Separated, Once Again

Klynn Blaire
Chapter 15: Separated, Once Again
_______________________________________

Embarrassing. During the whole car trip Kayden wouldn't stop singing, horribly I might add.

"This is the part where you join in and sing along!" He said. I shook my head.

"I don't sing nor will I ever." He rolled his eyes playfully. "I wont make you sing... for today. And once I make you sing I'm gonna tell you 'I told you so'."

He pulled into the parking lot of a small diner. Even though it was a small one, it looked fancy from the inside. "This is Lola's Diner. A girl named Lola owns this place if you didn't notice. I went here with my family a while back when I was young."

He brought me to a place he's been to when he was little. That's quite flattering. He suddenly opened my door and gave me a cheeky smile.

"I ran around the car, for you." I unbuckled my seat belt and said thanks. He interlocked his hand with mine and gently helped out the car. "Can I hold your hand? I'm trying to secretly get my scent all over you."

"Go for it. As long as that hand of yours doesn't go anywhere else on my body," I said. He nodded in agreement and we walked through the double doors.

Inside were basic white tiles and yellow walls. There was a red line that ran across the walls making it seem more colorful. I never seen a diner in my life before so maybe this isn't as fancy as I thought. It's more of a family type place, or at least it seems like it.

A girl in her early 40's appeared behind the counter and motioned us to come over. We walked over to the counter and she gave us a chart.

"Kayden, I haven't seen you in years! You've grown up so much. And how -- oh, who is this?" She turned her attention to me and eyed our hands. "Is this your boyfriend? I didn't know you were gay, why have you never told me? You always talked about girls when you were younger and how you wanted a lot of children." I gave Kayden a dirty look and he avoided my gaze.

I glanced at her name tag, and saw that she was indeed Lola. "Well, Lola. I would like to know more about this, "a lot of children" thing he's said before." Kayden handed the chart back to her which I had no idea what it was about. She took it and pursed her lips.

"If I remember correctly he said he wanted at least 4 or more children. Or was it 7?" She chuckled.

"That's enough Lola. I'm old enough to say I don't really want that much children. Just enough to make me happy." He blushed when he noticed I was still staring at him.

Having kids with a slightly pathetic alpha is not on my list of things I want to do. He isn't trustworthy, he's an idiot, and he is one of the reasons why omegas suffer. Poor treatment of us omegas thins the population and eventually we'll all be gone.

Before I knew it I was seated beside Kayden in a booth. "What's wrong? You were just standing there with a dazed look on your face."

"Nothing. Just thinking about my... parents. I haven't seen them in a while." It's true I haven't seen them, but it's not like I want to. They're terrible beings that didn't deserve a child such as me.

The waitress walked up to us and asked us what we wanted from the menu. Kayden ordered and I allowed him order for me as well.

I noticed the waitress was giving me flirtatious postures which didn't make her seem look any better. Her chest was in my face and she was getting really close.

"What's your name, sweetie? Maybe you and I can have some fun." She whispered. Immediately Kayden growled at her and she backed off.

"He's mine. Touch him and you'll regret it." She huffed and left.