Her Goodbyes

[Lucas' POV]

I messed up. I messed up bad. The love of my life forced me to let go of her. To not help her from collapsing. I felt like shit. Fuck! I am shit! I tried running after her but Riley held me back.

"Don't go to her! She doesn't deserve you!" Riley yelled.

At that point I didn't care anymore. The only person I cared about was Maya. I pushed myself out of her grip making her fall to the ground. Then I ran. I ran to her calling her name. She ignored me. I tripped and fell on something which slowed me down. I finally got to her house. I knocked on the door but she didn't answer. I looked around the house to see if there was another way in. Next to the house was a dark alley. I heard a girl whimpering and I saw blood surrounding her. I ran towards the helpless girl and realized it was Maya. My short little stack of pancakes.

"MAYA!!!" I screamed "No no no no no no NO!!!"

"Shhhh" she pleaded, "I deserve this."

"No! Stay with me Maya!" Her eyes rolled to the back of her head, "don't die on me!!" I pulled out my phone and immediately called 911.

"Hello, what's your emergency?" The dispatcher asked calmly.

"Please Come to 564 Bleaker street. In the dark alley next to the house. My friend was stabbed in her chest and is bleeding like there's no tomorrow." I started to breath rapidly. I was hyperventilating.

"Ok sir. Calm down. Don't hang up the phone until the ambulance and police come." I held my breath to stop hyperventilating.

"Ok." Maya screamed in pain. "Please Maya stay with me your my everything. Stay with me please!!!" I begged.

"Lucas?" She said. I looked at her, "please tell my mom that she is the most amazing foster mother I have ever had."

"No!!! Maya stop!!!! Your not saying your goodbyes!!!! Maya your staying here with me!!!" I screamed.

"Tell Topanga and Matthews that they were the best parent figures I could ever ask for. They taught me so much." She coughed "Tell Riley that I'm sorry for taking you away from her and the she is the best friend I could ever ask for and that I love her. I wish you two the best lives possible."

"No please Maya! I love you!! I never loved Riley!!! She means nothing to me!!! You're my everything!!!"

The ambulance came and I hung up my phone. I wonder how weird it must've been for the person on the other end just listening to our conversation.

They her up then put Maya on a stretcher and rolled her into the car. The police officer told me to go with her and I complied. By this point tears were cascading down my face.

"Lucas?" Maya said between coughs "please don't cry over me."

"How could I not Maya. Your dying! My short little stack of pancakes might die!! The love of my life is dying!!!" I said sobbing. "I love you so much."

"There's one more thing I need you to know." I looked at her and nodded motioning her to continue. "I l-" the lady in the back with us started to tell us to get out. We got into her room and her machines started to beep like crazy.

"We're loosing her!" The doctor said.

"Sir we need you to step outside." One of the nurses said.

I walked outside crying. I spotted Farkle and the Matthews family. They were all crying. Even Auggie was crying. I walked over to them.

"Lucas I'm sorry." Riley said crying "This is all my fault. I never should've said those mean words to her." I just sat there not responding. All I thought about was Maya and her health.