Her Funeral

[Lucas' POV]

       Maya's gone. And it's all my fault. I told her to kill herself. What is wrong with me. It's the day of her funeral. I decided to wear her favorite tux. The one I wore to prom. The one she said I looked good in.

[flashback]

       Farkle and I went to go pick up the girls. I wasn't taking either of them. We were all going as friends. One night where we all would hang out and not all about the triangle.

       We got to Riley's door and I couldn't help but stare. At Maya. She had the most beautiful red dress the went just above her knees. I loved how she didn't need too much makeup to look beautiful. She already was.

       "Yo!" She said snapping me out of my thoughts. "Hee haw what chu staring at?"

       "You guys." She gave me a confused look. "You look stunning."

       "Thank you." The girls replied in unison even though that was only meant for Maya.

       "You look pretty good in that tux too!" Maya said with a smile.

       "You know I look hot." I said with a smirk.

       "Sure. Whatever you need to tell yourself buddy." She replied laughing.

[Flashback over]

       We arrived at the cemetery. Everyone who had prepared a speech or wanted to say something had already gone. I was very pleased to see Riley was sorry for all that she said. But this time she meant every single word of her unrehearsed speech. It was now my turn.

       "Hi. My name is Lucas Friar. I would like to say that I was the love of Maya's life because she was the love of my life." Tears were already falling from my face. "I feel as if though all of this was my fault. I got mad before she decided to take her own life. I said somethings I couldn't take back. I regret the day I let her out of my sight. I regret the day I kissed Riley because that was the day she was stabbed. But I don't regret the day I first fell in love with her. Which was the first day I met her. She wouldn't want me to dwell upon her death but I can't help it. I lost the person I love the most. I love her more than I love myself." Right there and then... I broke down. I fell on the floor and lost all of it. "I just want her back! I want Maya back! I want my Maya back!"

       Farkle and Mr. Matthews took me off of the stage and took me to my seat where I slowed my breathing into a steady rate. After the funeral was over I went to the bathroom to wash my face. I saw a shiny object on the floor. I brought it up to my wrist and cut it. Once, twice, then three times. And that's how my depression started.