Chapter 26

A/N: Cassiana's dress is above :)

Alexander spends the night in my room again. The next morning he's gone again.

My maids dress me in a black dress. That's all I get the chance to see, since they rush me out the door claiming that I'm late. The black heels that I'm in kill my feet, but I hurry down to breakfast. Aquia and I get there at the same time, and quickly sit down right before the royal family walks in. Her dress is a stunning light-ish blue with the same color lace overlay. I barely take it in before the king begins to bless our food or whatever.

I can barely eat, I'm so nervous. Still, I force myself to eat enough of the amazing food so that I won't faint later on.

After everyone is finished, Mason and Alexander stand up. Alexander pulls a piece of paper from his pocket. "If my brother or I say your name, please stand up." Mason says, loud and clear. All of the girls sit up straighter.

"Lady Lyka Sarem of Whites." A pretty half-Asian girl stands up.

"Lady Zinna McClay of Bonita." Mason reads over Alexander's shoulder.

"Lady Hanah Cagna of Midston."

"Lady Mikaila Fel of Baffin."

"Lady Jaime Absimilis of Yukon."

"Lady Kiya Immitis of Dominica."

"Lady Trinity Jacloe of Angeles."

"Lady Sandey Primus of Zuni."

"Lady Latisse McMann of Sumner, and Lady Jessice Fuath of Fennley." Alexander folds up the paper and sticks in in his pocket.

The girls seem to glow. They must be the Elite. Aquia shoots me a panicked look from across the table.

"The girls that are still sitting should be Lady Cassiana Lowes, Lady Aquia Dashnell, Lady Celine LeWhote, Lady Tania le Marmot, Lady Blossom Monello, Lady Cala Odio, Lady Ever Nuit, Lady Camila Hassen, and Lady Emmana Buio." Mason says. "If your name was not said, please stand up now."

No one moves. Alexander clears his throat. "The ladies standing up," they stand up straighter, "please go collect your belongings from your room. I'm sorry, but you are not part of the Elite." The girls stand there in shock for a minute, then hurry out of the room.

He waits until the last of the girls have left. "Congratulations. You are all now Elite. Should you choose to drop out of the competition at any time due to stress or any other issue, please speak with Prince Mason or myself. Know that from now on, more will be expected of you and it may get difficult to handle."

"Have a good day, ladies." They and their parents exit the room.

A/N: Sorry it's short. I'm posting another chapter now, though.