Second Attempt

Abby's POV

I was awake, but my eyes were closed shut. The feeling of someone's hand caressing my hair as I slowly regained my consciousness.

I slowly open my eyelids to see my boss staring at me.

I stood up, the overwhelming feeling of the dizziness in my head forced me to close my eyes in pain.

I spoke with my eyes shut in pain. "I'm so sorry, this was a very bad first impression"

He grasped my shoulder, gently pushing me back to the bed. "It's alright, you can rest for now"

The silence around us was comforting, but what seemed to bother me the most was his eyes, they were so hidden and cast off, lifeless and dark.

He noticed me observing them, interrupting the curiosity in my head as he looked down and ignored my stare.

He spoke assertively, the tone forcing me to do as told. "Tomorrow at seven thirty, I expect you to be there early"

And then, he was gone.

*****

I woke up and did my usual routine, picking up a grey pencil skirt and a dark blue long-sleeved shirt after I showered, finishing it off with white heels and light makeup.

The bus arrived and since it was full of people, I decided to squeeze in and stand inside the vehicle.

I wiped the sweat on my brow as I felt uncomfortable and harassed by the man who kept touching my butt.

After one sick ride, I finally got off the torturing vehicle and looked up at my workplace.

The cold air inside pricked my damp skin, I quickly wiped them off with my hanky before waving at Sarah in the front desk.

She waves back and I smiled in return.

"Hey, what happened to you yesterday?" She asked, frowning at me while she lead me to the elevator.

"There was this tripping accident and.." I trailed off, not wanting to discuss something so humiliating in front of her.

By the look on her face, she knew that I was queasy so she lets the subject slide off from our conversation.

She grinned, her eyes twinkling with excitement. "Good luck Abby"

I nodded with a smile as I watched her return back to her desk.

I stepped inside the elevator and pressed the highest floor, the doors closing after a few seconds.

Then someone's hand prevented it from shutting close.

"Close enough" The blonde shrugged, stepping inside as the doors continued to close.

The man was fairly attractive, with ash blonde hair, bright blue eyes that were captivating and tranquil, baby pink lips that looked incredibly soft.

He noticed me gawking, the fire spreading through my cheeks as a smile lit up on his striking face.

He turned to my side, offering his hand. "The name's Parker"

I grasped his hand in mine, noticing how small mine was compared to his. "Abby"

He pulled back from the introduction and pushed the button below from my floor.

"So, what's a fine lady going to do in the highest floor?" He teased, eyes kindling with wonder.

A nervous laugh escaped my lips. "You know, the secretary of the CEO here"

I could've sworn that, his eyes were instantly keen and worried, as fast as it got by, the faster he blinked those emotions away.

He smiled weakly, a terrible response to my statement.

He leaned in closer to my face and the view at his eyes were breathtaking, they were just so colorful and lively.

He smiled, his perfect teeth showing. "I'll be seeing you around, cutie"

He stepped out and I released the breath I was holding. Before the doors even managed to close, I saw the small wink he gave me before turning away.

My face must be so red by now.

I knocked on boss' office before entering inside.

Mr. Sanchez wasn't inside so I sat on the couch beside his desk and thought about what to do before he comes here.

Honestly, I really had no idea what my job was supposed to do.

I opened my phone and searched it up.

What do Secretaries do?

Search Result:

A personal assistant, also referred to as personal aide (PA) or personal secretary (PS), is a job title describing a person who assists a specific person with their daily business or personal tasks.

I began reading more about how P. A's do their job but I was suddenly interrupted by the unexpected opening of the door.

I see my boss gazing at me, eyeing me in a challenging way,

I stood up and shoved my phone in my pocket.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Sanchez" I muttered, suddenly nervous as I looked down to the floor.

He nodded and sat down on his desk, but he furrowed his eyebrows and glared at me, suddenly feeling the seat shrinking with me.

"Where's my coffee?" He demanded at me, his voice slowly raised.

"I... didn't know you drink co-" I gulped the lump forming in my throat but I still stood frozen in my place.

"God, females are so stupid, this was what you're supposed to do first thing in the morning!" He shouted, slamming his fists to his desk, the abrupt action made me yelp in fear.

"I'm sorry, I'll make you some right now" I whispered as I ignored his glare and remained my gaze on the floor.

"Do you want to get fired? Right now?" He shouted, his voice now louder than ever. I was so sure that he wouldn't have a problem dragging me out of his office from so much rage.

"Do you?" He questioned, it sounded more like a yell to me, but never the less did I answer, I was too afraid, fear of losing this job.

"N-no sir." I answered weakly, my voice soft but loud enough for him to hear clearly.

He groaned, combing his hair in frustration. "You better make yourself useful here lady, I don't tolerate with idiots who don't do anything to make themselves useful!"

This was not worth it.

I mustered all the strength I had to speak loudly. "This is too much in one day"

I turned away and ran for the door.

If it means to be humiliated and yelled at from this job, then being a cleaning lady is much easier than this, it's much more respectable than being this idiot's secretary.

With my thoughts running wild in my head, my eyes unfocused as I ran, the improper way I ran with heels on was terribly dangerous.

And running with heels on was the most basic way for me to trip so easily.

I was expecting the hard impact of the cold floor, the way my elbows scraped along the tiles were supposed to be prickly, and my head jerking so suddenly that would cause me a headache.

But instead, his hands were on my waist, my body wrapped against his as he prevented another embarrassing fall that could happen because of me.

His dark eyes met mine as the unexpected silence of our breaths mingling was enough to say that this was an intimate moment.

The dread of being this close to someone so powerful and dangerous was enough to shock me in place, my limbs frozen as I stared back at those menacing eyes of his.

They were so dark, full of mystery that it felt so impossible that I could be the one to reveal all the secrets hidden in them.

Maybe I can.