To Lose

Dave's POV

"You're taking a risk, Dave"

Charles neared me, his eyes keen and sharp as he waited for my reply. Abby and Parker had to talk privately outside, so I had to deal with this alone.

"What's the risk in wanting to get to know Abby?"

His jaw tightened, his steps halting to a pause in front of me. I raised a brow, curious as to why he was acting like this.

"You have no idea how this will affect you"

"And how much will it?"

I snapped, tired of this conversation with him. Did he want my fist to fly to his face?

He was already close to me, his eyes narrowed and irritated. Guess we have mutual feelings for each other.

"It will cost you her life"

I was stunned, confused by his statement. How can Abby lose her life because of me?

A haze blurred my vision, the splitting headache consuming my thoughts. I shut my eyes in agony, grasping on the table for support. Charles looked at me in confusion before foggy figures clouded my thoughts.

"Abby...He saved you, I owe him a great debt" She cupped my cheeks and our foreheads met. I pulled back the tears that were threatening to spill.

My cheeks were wet from her tears. I planted my lips on her soft ones and lingered my lips on them one last time.

" I love you... I love you so much Abby...don't forget that" I slipped my hand away from hers as I left and entered inside the building.

I gasped for breath, clutching on my chest as it felt heavy. My lungs burned as my breathing came in short, it felt like I was drowning. The headache subsided, and I was left with this burning chest that I could not understand as to why it felt so painful.

I looked up to see Charles glaring at me, like he had witnessed what I had just saw.

Weirdly, I felt my temper rise, and I was left with blinding rage and shallow regret. In two quick steps, I had Charles' collar on my fist. My fists tightened, and I was sure that in no time, my hand would slam hard to his cheek.

"You're not telling me something, tell it to me now" My jaw tightened, my eyes narrowed down to him. He smirked and shrugged like a fool.

"I'm not telling you- "

I raised my fist forward, my hand colliding to his cheek. He stumbled backwards, but not hard enough for him to collapse on the floor. He wiped the blood from his bruised lip and snickered.

"You don't deserve the truth, and you definitely don't deserve Abby"

His words sent shivers down my spine, anger eating up my emotions. I didn't feel anything for him, no pity and no guilt as I punched him continuously. He didn't have any time to protect himself from my blows as I threw my fists with no pattern. I had him pinned down to the ground as I poured my anger out by violence.

He coughed up blood, scarlet dripping down on the side of his face, yet I didn't stop, not even if the bruises on his face begin to swell and bleed profusely.

I couldn't understand, why was it so hard to hear him say that I didn't deserve Abby?

I was abruptly pulled back, my fists swinging in the air as someone dragged me away from Charles. In the midst of my rage, I saw blue eyes that pierced my soul, staring at me and pleading to stop. I breathed heavily, uncurling my fists as I tried to seize control over my anger.

Abby rushed to Charles, her hands clutching tightly onto his hand, I smirked for a second, seeing his face bruised up and bleeding because of me.

"What the hell is your problem?"

I was stunned, hearing her voice full of loath and annoyance. I hesitantly raised my finger and pointed it to the wounded man on the floor. "Stay away from him Abby, he won't do you any good"

She scoffed. "Like you were any better"

Still feisty, I really loved that trait of hers.

Her eyes never left mine as I shrugged Parker's hands from me, he mumbled his apology as I glared at him.

I glanced at Charles, scrunching my face in disgust, my floor was now smeared in his blood, I must clean that up later.

I let my stare linger with Abby, her blue eyes still with mine as she watched me walk away, her captivating stare was out of my sight as I found myself outside my office.

I groaned, punching the wall furiously as I cursed. That guy seriously has guts to mess with me, too bad he had Abby on his side, or else I would've killed him on the spot.

I passed by a few of my employees, their eyes wary and careful as I walked past them. I snickered, people really do fear me, but why do I feel the opposite when it comes to losing Abby?

I hadn't thought about it, the idea never occurred to me. It was all fitting into place, Charles knew something about me, about my past, or maybe three years ago, and Abby was connected to it, or she knew what had happened to me.

And my dad, he always was angry whenever I mentioned Abby around me, but why does he get so upset about her?

I revved the engine of my car, the engine humming underneath me. I drove to the highway, speeding up the car a bit.

I didn't know exactly what had happened to me three years ago, my father told me that it was an assassination. Someone wanted me dead, but he didn't tell me the reason why they wanted me killed.

Apparently, my father found me and kept me hidden from the media as I recovered. My mother found out about my accident while she was in Japan, and she was trying to call me, but father insisted that I would get some rest, so we didn't talk much back then.

I turned the wheel, a dimly lit highway appearing in front of me. The night a pitch-black sky, stars looming above. I watched headlights of other cars as I drove, glancing at the darkened streets beside me. I shrugged, trying to take off all the anxiety and confusion I felt. Just as I focused on the driveway in front of me, I glanced on my side mirror.

I saw movement.

I pushed my foot down on the brakes, turning to my left. I panicked once I saw a lady being chased by a man, her face a blur as she screamed for help. I couldn't see her face, but she looked oddly familiar.

But as she came closer to the highway, her eyes met mine and I was struck with dread.

I drove the car, trying to get to her before she could be harmed, but I didn't notice the car that was driving up ahead.

I turned sharply, before I could manage to push the brakes, trees appeared in front of me before white lights exploded in my vision.

There was ringing in my ears, my nose caught the smell of burning and metallic iron, and my head was pounding hard as I felt blood trickle down to my face. I felt glass pricking my skin as I tried to move, the shards digging deeper as I breathed.

" I can't lose you..."

Her words whispered in my head, like a soft melody in my memories. I felt my head bob to the side, and my eyes finally closed before I was greeted with nothing. 

********

Hello peeps!

Sadly, this story is coming to an end
:( I'm really sorry but all  good things must come to an end.

But I have a big surprise for you all!  Just be patient and you'll know it soon! I love to keep you guys hanging on a cliffhanger ;)

Comment

Vote

That's it for now, see you in the next chapter!

Lots of Love ❤
-Author