Playing Foolish

Dave's POV

I slammed my fist on the wall, the satisfying crunch and pain throbbing from my knuckles made the stress inside my head weaken slightly.

Why? Why was it so hard seeing her face messed up because of me?

The way her hand stung across my face, her tears falling from her cheeks as she spoke with quivering lips, I have never felt such pain in my entire life.

And seeing her walking away from me made me so weak I almost lost my balance if it wasn't for the wall beside me.

I should have caught up to her, I never should have let her walk away, guilt was now tripping my insides with every moment that passed.

It was like something that's repeating in my head all over again. Her face was all I could see, that broken yet beautiful face, I still wonder to this moment how she has such vibrant eyes even in the darkest times.

I shook my head, trying to block her face away as I chucked my phone out of my pocket. Father was supposed to be here, he told me that he's coming to visit me today yet he still hasn't arrived yet.

After calling him, all I heard was his voicemail.

I shoved my phone down my pcket and walk out of the office, wanting some fresh air for a few moments.

I crossed paths with Melody, my sister. She looked surprised, her eyes widening as she saw me, what was she doing here?

"Hey! Came to check in on you, how's business going little brother?" She nudged me on the elbow and looped her arm around mine. I rolled my eyes at her, annoying the hell out of me.

"Don't call me that, we both know who's older" I scoffed when she laughed, her voice shrill amd high as the sound reflected in the hallway.

"And yet you still don't act like one"

"Look who's talking" 

And there it was, her laughter came in small gasps, almost as if she was choking.

I remained silent as her laughters died down, only then did I speak when she wiped a fake tear in her eye. "Listen, Do you know where father is? He said he'll be here half an hour ago but I haven't got a call from him, is there any chance he's already here-"

Her eyes widened, waving her hands in disagreement. "No!-I mean, he said that  he was hungry so he had to grab some food before he got here" She said, her voice suddenly loud and her face so flustered. I raised an eyebrow, finding an odd change in her behavior.

"Melody? Is there something wrong-"

"No, there isn't. Come on, just accompany me to go shopping. I need to buy new heels, these ones-" She twisted her ankle slightly to the side to show the glossy coating of gold in her heels. "Gold doesn't match my color, I need a new one now"

She took me by the hand, dragging me along and outside the building.

Abby's face faded into my mind's view, thoughts and images of her face buzzed in my mind. Guilt twisted in my stomach, churning and turning as I creased my brow.

"Not right now, I need to find-"

"Please, what's more important than your sister? Besides father's almost here and he can manage the company for a while" She glanced my way before quickly averting her eyes elsewhere. I shrugged, clearly she really needed my company.

I had to deal with Abby later, I'm sure she's fine and can easily handle herself right now.

*****

Abby's POV

I stood my ground, never taking my eyes off of him. They were cunning and deceptive, I knew clearly that I had to keep an eye out for any of his antics.

He circled me, trying his best to look like the predator while I'm his prey. "You've changed, have you been losing weight?"

I snorted, the sound came loud and vile from me. "I have, thanks for noticing"

He chuckled, his eyes closed for a moment as he breathed in. "Let's stop stalling, this may be amusing for me but it will just take too long before Dave finds me here"

"So this is all about him?" I questioned, raising an inquistive brow. He nodded, his lips thin and tight. "As always, you know why I'm here Abby"

I scoffed before almost spitting at his face. "He deserves to know the truth, Fredrick. You've been controlling him too long now and it's time he gets to know that he deserves the real truth"

His laugh dripped of irittation, he was getting tired of my company. "His life became better once you were out the picture. He had his life set out for him, a stable job, a worthy reputation and a future wife of my choosing"

I tried my best to hide the scream that was itching my throat, dying to get out. "So you're going to choose for him? Why though, why don't you want us to be happy?"

"Because I don't like you! I can sense your thirst for money even from a mile away, don't even try and dare deny it" He lifted a stiff finger and pointed it to me, his teeth clenched as he spoke. " You don't deserve him, he's too good for you and you're not enough for him"

I bit the inside of my cheek, taking a moment of pain that kept shattering my already broken heart. Letting out a shaky breath, I answered back with tear brimmed eyes. "You don't know that, you don't know anything about us"

"Oh I don't? You know, that's the thing you lack Abby, you're so dumb. Just like Vivica, she was always stupid and blinded by money"

He took my silence to carry on, taking it quickly to break me and reveal my weakness. "This is my final warning. Stay out of Dave's life and I'll stay out of yours"

I looked up, my blood hot against my cold skin, the air in my lungs in short amounts as I took quick ragged breaths. I knew that he was wrong, I wasn't after Dave's money, I would never do something as stupid as that.

But who would believe me?

He smiled, my pain feeding him satisfaction. "I guess you'll finally be able to leave him alone"

He took off, stopping infront of the opened door that casted a shadow on the side of his face. "Remember, this all happened because of you. If he never met you in the first place this never would have happened"

He finally left, closing the door behind him as he walked off, satisfied that he made me feel so weak.

I knew that he was right, there was no point in denying it.

And I hate to admit it myself, it kills me to even say that it was finally time to leave Dave alone and out of my life.

But I knew, that sooner or later, he's going to get the truth that he deserves.

And when he gets it, I won't be there to see it.

*****

Hey guys!

Hope you enjoyed the update :)

I really have nothing much to say here right now, but just expect that there's going to be even more dramaaaa 😂

Don't forget to Vote and Comment on what you think about the chapter.

That's all for now!

See you in the next update ;)

Lots of Love ❤
-Author

My CEO Billionaireजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें