page 04 • loserkawa

After changing back to your spare uniform, you run back to class as fast as your legs could carry you. Of course, you were a couple minutes later, but that didn't make your teacher too mad.

Now I have to see his stupid face again to return his blazer. You mentally groan to yourself. Misaki glances at you from three seats up ahead, and you give her a thumbs-down. Things were definitely NOT going well for you, after all.

For once in your life, you were looking forward to class going on for longer. You dreaded the moment the session came to an end.

"Shall we go home?" Misaki wants to know, and you nod, explaining what happened on the way to your lockers.

In the middle of switching out your shoes, you get a call from Eiko.

"Hey, [Name], you should come watch the Karasuno practice match! Mei obviously has a crush on Sugawara-san!" She says, making your eyes go wide. Your sister has a crush?!

You were DEFINITELY going!

"I'll be there in 40 minutes." You quickly hang up the phone.

"Now, let's get this over with." You say as you wait for Oikawa to appear at the gate. Five minutes pass before he walks out to the porch with Iwaizumi and two other boys you do not recognise.

"Um, Oikawa?" You call out, catching his attention. His face brightens up when he sees you, and he takes off the arm he had draped over on Iwaizumi's shoulder.

"Look, Iwa-chan, I knew she would come! She even brought my-"

But you had other plans. No way were you sticking around listening to his nonsense.

"See you around, Oikawa." You give him your biggest smile, and hand out his blazer which you had neatly folded and had dried out.

"Huh? But we're going on a d-"

What a loser!
You decide to make a run for it, after handing his blazer to Iwaizumi.

"HUUUUUH?!"

"So much for being able to take her on a date!" Matsukawa says, making Hanamaki stifle up a cackle.

"I like her already."

"Tough luck, Trashykawa." Iwaizumi does not even try to hold in his laugh. The three friends walk off after Iwaizumi wraps Oikawa's blazer on the said brunette's head.

"She... turned down a date with.. me?" Oikawa screeches the last word, watching the way you were running your way to the end of the road. He then turns to look at Misaki, who was trying to make a run for it as well.

"Hey, Ms Happy-chan, where is she going?" Oikawa wants to know.

"Errrrrr," Unlike you, who hated Oikawa's guts, Misaki frets about not knowing a good excuse to lie to such a pretty face.

"Karasuno."

[Name] will kill me!
Misaki thinks before she decides to dash off as well.

Oikawa freezes in his spot. He can't think of a single reason why you would say no to him and go to Karasuno instead.

"Is she even sane?"

•••

"Mei!"

"Ah, [Name]!" Your sister greets, enveloping you in a hug. She is standing beside Eiko, and the three of you watch the Karasuno volleyball practice match together at the stands. In between, you explain what happened with Oikawa earlier today.

"He's just so proud of his slightly attractive face, so he's just shocked. Ignore him, he'd go away." Eiko advises. Mei nods in approval.

When the practice is over, the three of you make your way down to give the team some moral support. The small boy with orange hair is excited to see you for some reason until the black haired boy slaps his head.

"Let's walk home again, Mei?" A gray-haired boy calls when you are about to walk out with your sister.

Again?

Ehh?

Mei flushes red and turns to you. You didn't need a proper explanation to know what was going on.

"Ah, don't worry, I have to meet up with my friend for... c-cake. So..."

Mei and the boy- Sugawara, was it? - tilt their heads in unison and you internally want to slap yourself at how stupid you sounded. Before any of them could say anything, you decided to run off.

You were doing a lot of running today.

But you immediately come to a halt when you see Oikawa, standing beside the gym entry door, glaring straight at you.

---

a/n; heRE COME DAT BOI