page 27 • wimpykawa

Oikawa's walls are beige, just like at your apartment.

His ceilings are pale mandarin, just like yours.

Well, you both were tenants in the same building, so it figures.

There is a TV, a laptop on the coffee table, a lumpy sofa, and a lot of un-disposed containers of instant noodles.

Was this guy really living off on food like that? You wonder. You can only worry about how he was having a proper diet when he was living by himself and spent so much of his time at school playing sports.

Can this guy even cook?

Was this why Mei always urges to bring him for dinner?

And you'd always turn her requests down.

A little feeling of guilt takes over your brain, and the boy motions for you to sit on the sofa. He hurries to get you a drink, and you accept the soda can he hands you.

Oikawa brings a beanbag and places it in front of you before he sits on it. He then looks up at your face, a big grin spreading on his face.

"[Name]-chan is in my hoooooouse." He has to say, as he wags his eyebrows.

"That's it, I'm leaving." You hiss back, standing up, but he raises both his hands.

"No no no no no don't, I'm sorry!" He cries, making you awkwardly slip back onto the sofa.

Oikawa hesitates a little, tearing the wrapper of the bread and taking a bite before he looks up at you again.

"You're not going to ask me why I kissed you?" He wants to know.

Frankly speaking, you had almost forgotten about that bit.

Why did you have to bring it up, you wimp?

You are about to answer his question when a loud ring catches the two of you off guard.

"Er, that would be mine." He laughs, taking his phone out. He shows you the receiver, and it reads 'Mei-chan' on the screen.

Oikawa puts the call on speaker mode before he picks up the call.

And that was a big mistake.

"TOORU WHAT THE FUCK? WHY DID YOU KISS MY SISTER, YOU INDECISIVE LITTLE SHITBAG?!" Mei's voice yells and Oikawa's eyes dart to yours, a horrified expression running on his face.

"I SWEAR I AM LOCKING YOU BOTH OUT IN THE BALCONY AND-"

"But Mei-chan, don't you know that [Name]-chan is an expert in jumping outside by the ground pipes like she once di-"

"YOU SHUT UP, TOORU. I SWEAR WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON YOU, I WILL THROW YOU INTO THE DEPTHS OF THE SATANIC HELLS- Oh never mind, you ARE the satanic hells." Your sister screeches.

For some reason, the tension between the two of you seemed to vanish, and the two of you burst out laughing.

"HEY, do I hear [Name] in there, cuz I SWEAR TO GOD TOORU, I WILL-"

"I'm sorry to cut your call, Mei-chan, but we're on a date!" He butts in, before hanging up the phone.

"We are NOT on a date." You hiss, and a few seconds later, there is wild knocking on Oikawa's door.

"Hurry, it's Mei-chan!" Oikawa grabs your hand and the two of you run into the setter's room; Mei's knocks were no joke.

"YOU BOTH GET BACK HERE AND OPEN THIS DOOR BEFORE I KNOCK IT DOWN!"

That is the last thing you hear before Oikawa closes the room door with a thud, the two of you catching your breaths while trying to control your unstoppable laughing.

"Mei-chan will kill me."

"Same here."

"Why didn't you tell her?" He wants to know, looking down to properly meet eyes with you.

"I.... I didn't know how to bring it up." You say quietly, looking at the floor, to his sweater, to your hands, anywhere except the boy's eyes.

"Hey, [Name]-chan?"

"What do you want, Wimpykawa?"

"[Name]-chan," He starts, pressing a hand on the wall beside you. "Can I kiss you, again?"

---

a/n: I'M YELLING REALLY LOUD RN BC I CAN'T BELIEVE SO MANY PEOPLE ARE READING THIS LIKE WTF R U GUYS OK OR LIKE ????????? AND I'M LIKE SO HAPPY LIKE AAAAAAAAA R U EVEN CIRIUS SEGBSEIGSRGNDRH PLEASE EXCUSE ME WHILE I HYPERVENTILATE