page 25 • dopekawa

The next day, you head to school a little earlier than usual. You catch Sugawara waiting for Mei, and give him a thumbs up before you make my way to the bus stop.

Sugawara's face instantly flushes red at that, he seriously needed to date Mei already.

When you step on the bus, a pair of hands waving catches your attention. You find that it is Iwaizumi.

"Iwaizumi-senpai!" You greet with a smile and take the seat beside him.

"You doing fine?" He wants to know, and you give him a little nod.

"About Oikawa, he-"

"I really don't want to talk about Oikawa anymore, Senpai." You state, and the spikers' intense gaze does not waver away from you.

"I see." He says, and then he goes to watching outside the window.

The two of you step out of the bus simultaneously and catch sight of Matsukawa and Hanamaki standing near the gate.

"Iwaizumi, where's Oikawa?" Hanamaki wants to know.

"There." Matsukawa has to say, and you both turn around to see the brunette standing behind you two, clutching his school bag hard with one hand while the other is busy clenching the fingers into a ball. His gaze goes down to his feet, and he does not look up, even when you excuse yourself from the other seniors of yours and walk ahead to class.

Somehow, Oikawa has given up on chasing you.

Which was exactly what you wanted, right?

So why did you hate it so much, now?

•••

That little dope. Stupid Oikawa being a stupid dope.

What a loser.

Your mind is filled with countless insult names for him when you see him get lunch later that day at the cafeteria.

You really needed to apologise, but what could you say?

Being the stubborn mule that you were, you decide not to apologise until he does so first. He started it, after all.

"[Name], are you alright?" Misaki worries, and you give her a nod. You continue with your bowl of spicy noodles, not watching Oikawa anymore.

I seriously needed to get him out of my head; Is what you are thinking when he turns around from the jet-line and glances towards you. Iwaizumi and the other seniors are following right behind him, so you figure that he is going to go sit somewhere with them.

You are taking a sip from your juice when Oikawa passes by your table without a word.

He doesn't say a word, but he definitely does something, instead.

He places a cup of ice cream beside your bowl of noodles, and he walks right ahead, not pausing for a single second.

You stare wide-eyed at the ice cream and turn to watch the boy walk off and sit at a table at one corner.

"O-Oh." Misaki has to say, and you gulp.

What does he have in his mind? You wonder, wrapping your fingers around the cup. How he'd known your favourite ice cream flavour, you'd never know.

Stupid dope. Making you want to stab his eyes out with the chopstick you had in your hand, but also wanting to cry your eyes out at the same time.

What do you want, Dopekawa?

It is right when this thought confuses your mind when you notice a small piece of paper underneath the cup.

When you open the note, you recognise the handwriting from yesterday almost immediately.

Oikawa left you a note, with four words.

"Please don't date Iwa-chan."

---

a/n: hi there my smols ;w; tysm for the support! thank you for everyone who gave a shoutout for this book on instagram and tumblr with the hashtag #underthegymlights ! ily guys so so much! ;w;