page 21 • blockheadkawa

Even though you hated Oikawa with every fibre of your being, the muffins he got you were delicious, and you wanted to thank him for it. So, later that day, you sit on the balcony, reading a fanfiction until you hear the door downstairs close.

According to Iwaizumi, Oikawa had initially got you the muffins as a thank you. But for some reason, after he saw you and Iwaizumi and karate-chopped - or so he wished - the spiker's hand, Oikawa had handed the Iwaizumi the muffins instead and asked him to have it.

But of course, there was no way was Iwaziumi eating muffins with your name on it.

Taking in a deep inhale, you walk outside with the small bag of milk bread you had purchased. Of course, you had consulted Mei in regards to this, and she gave all her blessings to you.

Oikawa answers after the fourth knock, and you can see the way his eyes narrow at the sight of you.

"Hm? What do you want, [Name]-chan?" He asks coldly, irking you almost enough to slap his face with the bag in your hands.

Control yourself, [Name]! You mentally scold, before taking a deep breath. You then hand him the bag before you cough a little.

"Thank you. For the muffins."

Oikawa is squinting at the bag which was larger than his hands before he takes a peek inside. He beams a little when he notices what is in it, and faces you with a big smile.

"Aw, [Name]-chan, you always set flames to my heart, but at the same time, you do things that cool my anger right away." He gushes, running a hand through his thick hair.

"I don't know why you should be mad at me, but I'm sorry anyway." You say, turning around to climb back upstairs.

"Wait, [Name]-chan!" He calls. You tremble a little before turning to face him again.

"Can we please, please go-"

"No."

What a blockhead, for even thinking he'd convince you otherwise!

"Rude! Hear me out first!"

"My answer is still no." You reply as blatantly as possible, and he narrows his eyes at you again, this time in annoyance. But when you get pissed off at his reaction and start to walk off, he grabs your wrist again.

"Just this once, please walk with me to school. Just only once! I promise I won't bother you again." He swears.

What a pain.

Deciding that walking to school together would not count as a date, you give him a simple nod. Oikawa's face lightens up immediately and he claps his hands together, almost dropping the bag in his hand.

"It's a promise, [Name]-chan!"

You have to turn around and run upstairs so that he doesn't see the small smile creeping on his face.

Dammit, Oikawa, how do you do this sorcery?

By now, you could easily swear, Oikawa Tooru wasn't such a bad guy after all.

But when you stand outside his door for twenty minutes the next day and he doesn't open the door, there isn't anyone you want to punch harder than the one and only Oikawa Tooru.

You hurry to send an email to Iwaizumi because God forbid you knew Oikawa's email address. So when Iwaizumi lets you know that Oikawa is at school already, you sit down on the staircase and begin to curse yourself for ever agreeing to go with Oikawa at all.

In the end, the blockhead had set you up!

---

a/n: clarification for the ending of last chapter: oiks was supa mad when iwa-chan helps you stand up, and then bam, when he sees you talking to iwa-chan again at lunch, the poor boy would loose it, no? :v