introduction

Assalamu'Alaykum! May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon all of you. I've always struggled to find books here on wattpad that matched my principles. I stumbled upon the 'Muslim' side of this app and fell in love. Out of my unwavering admiration for writing, I decided to write a story of my own..

This book is a simple yet eventful love story which follows two characters (and their friends!) going through life, careful to follow their religion in all aspects. It is for people of all beliefs as well, so if a term is mentioned that you do not understand, I'll have a list of regular terms used by Muslims below, where you can refer back to throughout the story. Nearly all of my characters are average Muslims who pray 5 times a day, visit mosques frequently and read/memorize the Quran. However, they are not perfect!

List of common words used by Muslims

When we meet another Muslim

"As salamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah wa Barakat uhu" (May the mercy, peace and blessings of Allah be upon you)

And they will reply: "wa alaikum salam wa Rahmatullah wa Barakat uhu" (May the peace mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

When we praise God

"Alhamdulillah" and "subhanAllah" ( 'All the praises are due to Allah' and 'How free from imperfections is Allah' )

When starting to do something (eat.. ect)

"Bismillah" (In the name of Allah )

When we hear of someone's death

"Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun." (To Allah we belong and to Him we return.)

When you see something bad

"A'uthu Billah" ( I seek refuge in Allah )

When showing appreciation for something

"masha'Allah" ( Allah has willed it)

When making a mistake and seeking forgiveness

"Astaghfirullah." ( may Allah forgive me )

When planning to do something

"insha'Allah" ( as Allah wills)

Prayers:

The five daily prayers are obligatory for Muslims and they are performed at times determined by the position of the Sun in the sky.

Fajr : Pre-dawn prayer
Dhuhr: The midday prayer
Asr: The afternoon prayer
Maghrib: The prayer begins when the sun sets
Isha: The night prayer starts when the red light is gone from the western sky, and lasts until the rise of the "white light" in the east.