Chapter 21

*Yash Pov*

"Everything is fine, Revu. All the arrangements are made and you need not worry about anything." I assured her looking at the way she is frowning.

"I know your Uncle and you managed everything." She mumbled and just stared at the stairs.

"Then?" I asked her frowning.

"Do you know anything about the procedure to way a saree is worn?" she suddenly asked and coughed hiding my shock.

"No!" I replied, shaking my head and her face fell more.

"How will she manage?" she mumbled fidgeting with her hands.

I understood what is making her restless and opened my mouth to assure her regarding Nev's achievement in learning, but my mouth just stayed like that when I glanced at the stairs.

"She is looking beautiful." Revu's voice broke my thoughts and I nodded closing my mouth.

"She is!" I mumbled and felt a little difficult to even breathe looking at her.

"She managed it completely. I got scared a little when she was given such task and..." she stopped in the middle realizing I am there.

"It is ok, Revu. I know what Mom did is wrong. I don't know what happened to her and how will she understand." I said shaking my head.

"Don't let her know that you are not happy with her. She will not be able to bear." She said staring at me.

"Like how you are not being able to bear with Nev's indifference?" I asked and she gave a sad smile.

"She has every right to do that. I was never there for her and I made sure she went even more far with my stupidity. But I want you to promise me something." She said turning towards me with a serious expression.

"What is it?" I asked her frowning.

"Take care of her and never give her a chance to hurt both of you. She doesn't have the patience just like I never had." She replied and I frowned at her.

"You have too much patience." I pointed out.

"Yeah! But I didn't before and made so many mistakes." She mumbled and we heard a throat clearing.

We turned back to see Uncle is standing behind us just staring at her. I looked back at Nev to see her smiling at me, but it slipped looking at Revu.

"Grandy!" she suddenly shouted, looking at the door and we turned to see Revu's Mom and Dad walking inside.

"Grandy?" I heard so many voices along with mine and stared how Nev hugged her tightly.

"How am I looking?" Nev asked, twirling around her.

"After function come to my house otherwise you may have bad eye." Grandmom said smiling at her.

"Again spitting?" Nev asked in an excited voice and heard a grunt from her Granddad.

"He is just jealous that you love me too much." Nev said, waving him off and I coughed before turning towards Revu to see her tears rolling down but smiling too.

"The prayer is going to start." We heard Mom's voice and everyone started walking towards her while I walked near to Nev.

"I am such an amazing teacher. You need to thank me." I mumbled placing my hand on her waist and pulled her to me.

"I already did yesterday, right." She mumbled back in a teasing voice.

"You are looking amazing." I said, pressing a kiss to her forehead.