Epilogue

(A/N: This is a challenge story from Boggie445. So let's hope he likes it. :D This first chapter is before the Transfomer Prime episodes, but then the rest will be either during the episodes or not lol. Just so you know, these will not technically follow the TFP episodes, so that I have more wiggle room. OK I think that's it. Enjoy!)

Timelines

Nanoclick-second

Click-Minute

Cycle-Day

MegaCycle-Week

Orn-Month

Vorn-Year

Prologue: Leaving Ravage Behind

Soundwave couldn't believe he had actually done it... He had actually left behind four of his simbiotes. He had left them behind. He was glad to have the visor to hide his blank expression and dull optics as he thought about the last time he had seen them... Of how they had died.

Looking down at the ground as he sat on his berth, Soundwave replayed it in his mind. Buzzsaw darting through the air before being obliterated by a missile... Frenzy had taken a blaster bolt to the leg, and then Rumble had jumped in front of him to take the second shot, killed instantly. Frenzy had then been beheaded by another Autobot.

Feeling his lower lip tremble, Soundwave continued. And Ravage... Ravage, the oldest of his simbiotes, had keened when he had felt the bond with three of his siblings break. Ravage had gone through the Autobot lines, tearing through any Autobot that got in his way.

Soundwave shut his optics briefly. He had never seen Ravage change his expression before, but during those last few moments of his life, it had. The cybercat's face had been a mask of agonizing pain and grief as he tried to seek revenge by tearing through the enemy... Ravage had tried to attack the Prime, but that medic... The tall, dark Decepticon trembled at the thought. Rachet. Ratchet had stepped in front of his precious leader just as Ravage had jumped, the medic stabbing into him with a sword. The momentum of Ravage's leap caused the sword to rip through down his abdomen, gutting him.

Shaking away the memory, Soundwave felt the tears in his optics. He could still hear Ravage's shriek of pain, the cybercat calling for his creator in the bond just before he fell to the ground, offlined. The last he had seen of them was when he had brough their bodies to Shockwave to be preserved until he could maybe find a way to repair them.

Looking over at Lazerbeak, Soundwave saw that the cyberbird was trembling, but still in shock from the countless bonds that had been severed from her just a few cycles ago... Her visor was dulled as she just lay still on the berth beside him, unmoving.

Reaching out a trembling servo, Soundwave gently placed his digits on her back, causing her to jump in surprise, but do nothing else... No squawk, chirp or ping through their bond.

Soundwave looked at his last simbiote... The simbiote that he would now cherish forever, in silence, wanting to close the bond but only knowing that that would distress the cyberbird more.

Carefully, Soundwave picked Lazerbeak up, reconnecting her to his chassis before lying down on his back, shutting his optics. The moment they were closed, the memories swarmed his processor again. He was lying on the Nemesis as it fled their darkened world, heading for another one, although it wasn't sure as to what other planet they would hope to find...

Optimus Prime carried the tiny human infant. He had landed on earth only about a week ago, collecting the small group of Autobots he had found... Bumblebee, Ratchet and Bulkhead, and were met with the agents of this strange new planet called Earth. They had pleaded their case and received a base to live and operate from somewhere in Jasper Nevada.

Looking down at the infant, Optimus shook his helm. Only a few megacycles ago it had been a terrifying warrior... One that had come close to offlining him.

The Prime thought back to what had happened. Just as Soundwave's cybercat simbiote, Ravage, had been about to attack him, Ratchet had stepped in front of him and stabbed it in the abdomen, ripping it open, but just before Ratchet's sword made contact with the tender underbelly, Ravage had switched to his human form.

Glancing back at the home he was watching before looking back at the sparkling. Ravage's human form had fallen and made contact with the ground, nearly killing him. But Optimus had picked it up and carried it away from the battle, where Ratchet examined him and said that he would die if they didn't somehow reverse the affects. So, only clicks before leaving the planet, Optimus had taken the dying simbiote's human form to a special part of Iacon, putting him inside of a relic that had been hidden there and reversing Ravage's time, turning him back into a sparkling.

Optimus sighed as he continued to watch the home of a single woman named June Darby, waiting for the right moment to leave Ravage there...

Ratchet had said that Ravage wouldn't remember anything, and would have to mature again like a normal sparkling, which would somewhat help their case.

Seeing his chance as the lights on the street went out as well as the lights in June's home, Optimus carried the sparkling, now placed in a box, to the door, careful to not crush anything, before placing the box on the doorstep and quickly transforming and driving a little ways away to watch.

Ravage shifted now that there was no movement, and he had become cold, and began to cry loudly, flailing his arms in the box until June Darby came to the door, gasping as she picked up what she believed to be a normal human baby, holding it close and talking soothingly to him as she looked around, no doubt for who had left him, but all she saw was a lone truck sitting further away down the road.

Optimus watched as the human carried the baby inside, shutting the door. He smiled softly to himself before driving away slowly. He would keep an optic on the child, and make sure that everything went alright with him.