Predatory

((A/N: Challenge from previous chapter is still in effect. :) Enjoy the chapter! This is based on Predatory, found in Season 1 Episode 12... I was listening to Airachnid's theme song while I wrote this lol.))

Chapter 9: Predatory

"You don't understand..." Jack murmured, in his alt-form with his arms crossed, refusing to meet the optics of his old friends. "I'm... I'm not the same anymore... Ravage... I was Ravage... And you never told me!" Jack cried, looking at Optimus Prime with accusation before looking away again, shutting his optics.

"Jack..." Arcee attempted to reach out for him, but Jack pulled away, trying his best to ignore the pained look on his best friend's face... Miko and Raf weren't present, and, for that, Jack was grateful. He couldn't take Miko's exuberant attitude right now, nor Raf's questions.

His wounds having been repaired by Ratchet, Jack now refused to let any of the Autobots close to him, refusing optical contact as all of his old companions stood around him, unsure about whether or not they should try to comfort him... The majority of the Autobots didn't know that Jack was actually the long-deceased Ravage, with the exception of Optimus Prime and Ratchet.

"Jack." Optimus Prime now spoke in his usual calm, but saddened tone. "Jack. I brought you here, as a human because it was the only way to save your life... I wanted you to be able to regrow as normally as you possibly could... To make your own decisions on the war without your bond to Soundwave influencing you."

Jack looked up at the warlord, denta bared and a snarl rumbling from within his chassis, the surrounding Autobots automatically tensing and getting into defensive stances until they realized who it was, forcing themselves to relax again.

"You should've told me! Soundwave suffered all this time because of you!" Jack shouted angrily, shaking as he attempted to keep himself calm, Ratchet getting frustrated now as Arcee vented. "No offense, Jack... But I don't think Soundwave is capable of suffering." She stated softly, Jack glaring at her. "You have no idea! I-I felt Soundwave! I felt his pain... My pain as you slaughtered my siblings! When you killed me!" He shouted, tears in his optics now as he backed away from them. "I don't want anything to do with you!" He cried, Arcee placing a servo on his arm. "Jack... Come with me." She ordered softly, giving him a tug and leading him to the ground bridge controls before opening the ground bridge. "Jack and I are going scouting." She informed the others, leaving with her friend before any of the others could protest, groundbridge shutting behind them.

"I don't think that was wise." Ratchet stated gruffly, arms crossed over his chassis... In reality, his gruff exterior was hiding the guilt he felt... After all, he had been the one to gut Ravage on the battlefield all those eons ago." he vented softly.

Optimus Prime stared at the closed groundbridge. "Jack's reaction is understandable." He responded slowly. "Once transferred back into his own frame, Jack and Ravage's personalities would clash... Soundwave must've been aware of that." He stated as he looked around his Autobots. "Right now... Arcee is the only one that will be able to reach our Jack."

/*/*/*/*/*/

Jack emerged with Arcee out into a dark, foreboding forest, and transformed to his panther mode when the blue two-wheeler transformed to her motorcycle and set off driving amongst the trees, Jack hesitating for a brief moment before running alongside her and slightly behind, easily keeping pace.

"How's it feel?" The femme finally asked, pulling Jack from his thoughts as he glanced at her as he dodged a tree before answering. "How does what feel?" He asked in a neutral tone, calming now that he was running off his previous anger... Arcee must've known that, from the times that she would go for a drive whether she was hurting or angry. "Being... One of us." Arcee responded.