Chapter 33 - Hospitable Beast

Noor's POV:

"Please! Aren't you lying?" I clutched Beast's shirt from the front and asked with immense hope.

He, then with a shining bright smile in his eyes and on his lips, softly gripped my hands. "Don't get it wrinkled, I'm ready to meet them with this ironed shirt." He freed his shirt from my hands and informed me by pinching on his shirt. "Now go upstairs, and wear some newly married type of attire." He signaled me with his index finger pointed to the staircase.

"Are...are you... Serious?" I asked him, my eyes fully bored into his.

"Am I wearing a red nose with a clown suit? Off course, they're coming, that's why you are being asked to get dress-up." Beast spoke gruffly.

Looking into his eyes for a few moments, I looked away.

"Don't you want to meet them?" Beast gruffed with his cryptic smile, "What?" my mind spun for not getting at the bottom of his uncanny facade.

"Mujh se pyar tu nahi hogaya.... bolo?!" He whispered.

(should I take it like that you've fallen for me)

What was he concocting?

"Astaghfirullah!" listening to his false hope, I mumbled and then, "I-I want to meet them. Why won't I?" uttering this, I looked into his eyes.

*Astaghfirullah" is seeking forgiveness from Allah for one's sins and mistakes. While it may be used in moments of disgust or disapproval.

For example, if a Muslim encounters something morally objectionable, vulgar, or inappropriate, they may instinctively say "Astaghfirullah" as a reflexive response to express their aversion or to distance themselves from the offensive content.
But its primary significance lies in seeking spiritual cleansing and repentance*

There was something unusual lurking inside. Something very powerful, to lurch your heart.

"Then get beautifully ready!" His dominant voice boomed and I turned around without wasting a moment.

"Wait!" My elbow was in his grip this time and then he turned me around to face him again. "Noor! listen to me very carefully." I felt his grip tighten at once, and I heard his rough tone growl into my ears.

"You are not allowed to create a racket, no crying, no tears. Just welcome them wholeheartedly, meet them smilingly, talk to them sensibly, and say bye to them happily and it's enough I want."

Beast was saying what. My mind was gliding on his statement, I was looking at his face with a frozen expression.

"B-But you were going to drop me at my home last night. What is this goodbye thing now?"

Words just slipped out of my mouth at once.

He sighed.

"Well, your last night's last antic disappointed me very much. Hmmm! I mean the knife stunt you played! Your mistrust is not good for both of us." He was saying nonchalantly.

His words made my goosebumps shoot up. Last night came into my mind, which I didn't want to remember.

I involuntarily stepped back.

"What happened?" Beast was examining me on the whole.

His grip on my arm was gone as he straightened up.

"What's your problem? Why don't you let me-" I protested at this injustice.

"Shhh....chup....now go upstairs." He put his finger on my lips.