13

* this story is not mine *

My mother and her husband were going to a family member's house overnight for a reunion the next day, and since it was the weekend, my brother was staying with a friend. This was the first time I'd had the house to myself since we had moved in, and I was genuinely excited. I had plans for friends to come over and hang out, but unfortunately they fell through due to something coming up. I spent the evening alone, and finally fell asleep around midnight.

All through the night/early hours of the morning I had the same dream. A man was holding a camera at me taking photos. The flash was incredibly bright and it felt eerie, to say the least. It felt very real, but then again most of my dreams do, so I didn't get too spooked. However, I woke up constantly through the night with a horrible migraine and also severe nausea. I would vomit several times, and try to take a couple ibuprofen and go back to sleep. Every time I went back to sleep I would have the same dream. The man with the camera, everything completely black except his grin illuminated by the light of the camera's flash.

Needless to say, I didn't get too many hours of sleep that night. When my mother returned in the morning and came into my room to wake me up, I looked horrible. She asked me why my camera was on the floor and I told her I had put it on my nightstand to charge before I went to bed. I told her about the nightmare I experienced all night, and we were both very shaken by it, but I decided I must have knocked it into the floor while bolting to the bathroom to vomit.

When I got up out of bed, the camera's battery had died, so I put it on to charge and went to eat breakfast and clean up. I had a shoot that day, taking senior photos for a girl I used to go to high school with. When I got to the location I turned on my camera and of course it took my right to the display screen showing the last photo that was taken. I dropped my $500 camera when I saw what the photo was. It was a picture of me, sleeping.