Chapter 3

When I found the place the guy was talking about, I quickly went inside. The cheering crowd was music to my ears. It felt like forever since I had fought.

When I found the bar, I saw a guy about my age handling the drinks. I quickly walked up to the bar and sat my bag on it.

"Where can I sign up?" I questioned the guy. He just looked at me with a raised eyebrow and went back to fixing drinks. Now this pissed me off. I hate how every man thinks that because I'm a girl, I can't fight. Well I'll show him. Sexist bastard.

I slammed my hand down on the surface of the bar. I smiled in satisfaction when he looked up startled.

"Maybe you didn't hear me correctly, but I'll say it again. Where do I sign up?" I asked again with an irritated sigh.

"Over there," he pointed over to a wall behind him, rolling his wary eyes.

I smiled sweetly, and quickly signed my name. When I turned around, I saw the guys from the coffee place smirking at me. I grimaced and took off my hoody. I had on my sports bra that I used to train in. I asked the guy if I could put my stuff behind the bar. He said yes and pointed me to a room to get dressed in. As I walked I ignored the guys' stares. When I got in the room I changed into shorts and tennis shoes.

As I walked out of the room, I noticed that the guys were standing there waiting and talking.

"When do you think Brett will show up, if he even does?"

I tuned them out because all I really wanted to do was get on with the fight. Fighting always seemed to be my therapy. To me it was like a dance; it could be graceful or disastrous. I walked past them and into the throng of people who were all waiting for the next fight to start. All of a sudden a man about in his forties stepped into the ring and grabbed the microphone.

"THE NEXT FIGHT IS BETWEEN THE FAMOUS, THE ONE AND ONLY, JAX! HE WILL BE GOING AGAINST A NEWBIE, KAT!!" There was an uproar when the referee called out this Jax dude's name. When a man about the size of an elephant walked into the ring, the crowd only got louder. When my name was called there were a few shouts and claps behind me. Of course I turned around. I rolled my eyes when I realized it was the guys. I turned back around and ran up on the ring and looked to the giant then to the referee. He looked at me with sympathy and started the match. I hate that every man thinks I'm going to lose because I'm a girl. Well, I'll show them who's going to lose. I turned to my opponent and quickly dodged a blow to my right. I did an assess of weaknesses and noticed a slight limp in his left knee. I put a swift kick to it, which made him fall to his knees. It gave me a perfect shot.

I grabbed his head with one hand and landed a fist hard across his face.

I heard a satisfying crunch and dropped him. He lay unconscious while I looked around with raised eyebrows at all the shocked faces. I grinned as I jumped out of the ring and collected my money and bag. I walked out and walked to my bike after slipping on my pants over my shorts.

I slipped on my jacket over my sports bra. I hopped on my bike and put my helmet on. When I cranked my bike, I smiled in satisfaction that I had won that fight. Even if it was too easy.

As I sped along the roads I realized how long it had been since I had last fought or seen Blake.

When I reached the house, I could tell that mom and James were asleep. I quickly parked my bike and walked inside. I headed straight for my bedroom. When I walked in the room, I quickly stripped. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I was fast asleep.